Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Degree / Qualification Validation Criteria

Degree / Qualification Validation Criteria

Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

HotSpot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Degree / Qualification Validation Criteria

Hi everyone!

Please if anyone could tell me about the validation criteria of Educational Qualification. I want to ask what is NZ Criteria for accepting educational degrees? I heard about NZQA.. but is it mandatory that you go for NZQA process when you file your application..?

2ndly.. Lets say if i have mentioned my qualification "Masters" in my application, Do I have to submit all my degrees (say including all degrees starting from secondary school up till masters degree) with the application.

Thanks!

Last edited by HotSpot; Jul 8th 2008 at 12:37 pm.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: Degree / Qualification Validation Criteria

Originally Posted by HotSpot View Post
Hi everyone!

Please if anyone could tell me about the validation criteria of Educational Qualification. I want to ask what is NZ Criteria for accepting educational degrees? I heard about NZQA.. but is it mandatory that you go for NZQA process when you file your application..?

2ndly.. Lets say if i have mentioned my qualification "Masters" in my application, Do I have to submit all my degrees (say including all degrees starting from secondary school up till masters degree) with the application.

Thanks!
I am currently going through this process so can advise.

When you fill out your EOI you state if you are claiming points for a qualification. You should get THIS qualification assessed BEFORE you submit the EOI if the qualification is NOT on INZ's list of recognised quals. NZQA will then give you an equivalent Level to the recognised NZ qualification i.e. post-grad = Level 8, Degree = 9, Doctorate = 10 etc.

If you get an ITA and your qualification was not on the list of recognised qualifications, you will be asked to have a full NZQA assessment on ALL your qualifications. This is to enable NZQA to look at your learning path rather than at one qualification in isolation as well as to separate you from about €400! You are required to send your original certificates to Wellington for this process.

You cannot subit your ITA until you get the results from NZQA which have to be fixed to the ITA submission. You will also need to send either your original diplomas or certified copies with the ITA.

Good luck.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:18 am
Just Joined

jojojo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Just like to share my experience, my qualification was in INZ's list of recognised quals but when i receive my ITA, the below was indicated in the ITA pack.
Based on the points you have claimed in your Expression of Interest we would like to invite you to apply for residence subject to you providing:

• A New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA): International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) stating that your bachelor degree is comparable to a degree level 7.

My conclusion is that as long as you claimed bonus points for qual/work experience in area of absolute shortage, you have to get your qual assessed.

Last edited by jojojo; Sep 19th 2008 at 10:22 am.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:21 am
Just Joined

jojojo is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh sorry, just to add on, yes I sent all my certs (GCE, diploma, degree) and work evidence (such as employment contract, salary increment letter, payslip..etc) to NZQA. Not sure if its required.....just to play safe.

Last edited by jojojo; Sep 19th 2008 at 10:22 am. Reason: Typo