Degree points-need help

Old Mar 28th 2014, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

adnanpk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Degree points-need help

Dear All,

Need you advise or help as I have Master of Science (MS) in Network and Telecom, Bachelors of Computer Science (BCS).

Question 1: Can I get 60 point for Masters degree.
Question 2: Should I get 10 bonus point for qualification in long term skill shortage list, because I will only verify my Masters degree (not BCS), other wise it will cost me double amount for verify master and bachelors. Because in Long term skill shortage person will get bonus point for BCS.

Question 3: My wife has done Masters in Public Administration (MPA) with Bachelors of ART (BA). Should I get 20 points for it?

Kindly suggest me with your valuable comments :-)

Regards,
Old Mar 28th 2014, 8:16 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Degree points-need help

you can only claim points for one qualification so I would suggest the one that gives you the highest score. It also has to come from a recognised body or it would need to be assessed. You can only claim one qualification for your wife again it has to come from a recognised body.
did you get them assessed as per advice back in 2012?
Old Mar 30th 2014, 12:35 am
Just Joined

unfortunately not :-(
hopefully I will send them next week.

For now I am assuming 60 points for Master + 10 bonus points for LLSSL and 20 points for Wife Masters qualification in EOI. which is making a total of 155 points.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Adnan,
I will only verify my Masters degree (not BCS), other wise it will cost me double amount for verify master and bachelors.
In My case I went for my Masters degree IQA and also sent all original educational documents which includes my Bachelor degree.
The assessed my BAchelor and Masters at the same time for single fee. And mentioned Level and description separately on same IQA Report.

Because in Long term skill shortage person will get bonus point for BCS.
Further your bonus points for LTSLL depends on the description and level of your IQA Report if it will match with the Col 4 of LTSLL you will get bonus points.

Question 3: My wife has done Masters in Public Administration (MPA) with Bachelors of ART (BA). Should I get 20 points for it?
Your wife's degrees will also assessed in the same way as i mentioned above but as for as i remember you will get only 10 bonus points for her qualification. (Someone may confirm on it)
Old Mar 31st 2014, 3:24 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to get your Masters assessed to claim 60 points for a qualification.
You will need to get the bachelors degree assessed as well if that is the one listed in column 4 of the LTSSL as required in order to claim bonus points for a qualification or work experience in an area of absolute shortage. You cannot use a higher degree-it must be exactly what is listed on the LTSSL.

Your wife can claim 20 points for her qualification if either are assessed as level 7 or above
P
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Dear friendforever and persephone,

Thank you for the valuable comments.

Still confused because if I will go for MS degree assessment and BCS degree as a support qualification will I get bonus points (because in LTSSL's Col 4 they want BCS degree with level 7), so they will accept my MS assessment with BCS as supportive degree for the bonus points?

One more query, I am filling online IQA form"
Step 2: Qualification for assessment -->MS degree
Step 3: Secondary school qualification-->School details.
Where to mention my BCS degree?

Regards,
Adnan
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 10:09 am
Just Joined

UsmanGh is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Adnan,

If you want to Claim Bonus Points , You qualification must be same as in listed in column 4 of the LTSSL. and It should be recognized with proper Qualification Name , for example if that is written as "Bachelor in Computer Science". I think with Master Degree (and Bachelor as support) , you will not be able to get degree name outcome as Bachelor degree.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 12:06 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Usman,

Things are bit clear here, I called NZQA today morning and they informed me that we can sent 5 qualifications in a single assessment application in the same amount (which is 746$). So in Step 2 I will include masters and Bachelors for the assessment.

But fingers are still crossed weather if I get below Level 7 for Bachelors and 7 or above level on Masters degree, will they give me bonus points or not :-)

Regards,
Old Nov 24th 2014, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

rosey2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello adnanpk

I have similar situation as yours. Please could you tell me what level they put you on for your masters and bachelors. Appreciate your help..
Thanks
Old Nov 24th 2014, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rosey,

I called directly to the NZ immigration office to find out the answer. They informed me that I will not get the bonus points because of my bachelors degree is 3 years.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,
Old Nov 24th 2014, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Hey adnanpk
thanks a lot for your reply. Im sorry to hear they refused bonus points.. what about your masters? Are you able to claim 60points for masters?
Old Nov 24th 2014, 8:07 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adnanpk
Hi Rosey,

I called directly to the NZ immigration office to find out the answer. They informed me that I will not get the bonus points because of my bachelors degree is 3 years.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,
Most bachelors degrees in the UK are 3 years duration, was there some other reason?
If your degree is not on the list of recognised qualifications then it will need assessing by NZQA, was it assessed at a lower level than required by the LTSSL?

I believe that if you have a higher level degree then you can claim the extra points however if you wish to claim bonus points on the LTSSL as well then you must have the requirements listed. A higher degree is not acceptable. So it may mean getting a lower degree assessed to earn those points
P
Old Nov 24th 2014, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Hey peresphone
If bachelors is listed in LTSSL and masters in the same field is not..are we still able to claim 60points for masters qualification or they will simply ignore the masters degree? I understand for bonus points however we will have to get bachelors degree assessed. Im so damn confused. Any help is appreciated.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 4:53 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by rosey2014
Hey peresphone
If bachelors is listed in LTSSL and masters in the same field is not..are we still able to claim 60points for masters qualification or they will simply ignore the masters degree? I understand for bonus points however we will have to get bachelors degree assessed. Im so damn confused. Any help is appreciated.
As far as I know you are able to claim 60 for a masters and also bonus points for a bachelors under the LTSSL. Might be worth double checking with NZIS just to be sure.
Old Nov 25th 2014, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Persephone.. I've emailed them. Let's see!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.