British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Dealing with NZQA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/dealing-nzqa-553140/)

Scarpetta Aug 4th 2008 12:19 pm

Dealing with NZQA

Hi

I received the ITA end of May under the condition that my second education (Bachelor) will be fully assessed by NZQA. My third education (Master) was accepted by INZ directly.

Since the 10th of July my application is on "allocation" status at NZQA.

Has anyone a good idea or experience, how this process can be supported?

My ITA is valid until the end of september. Will INZ accept a prolonging request due to this?

Anyone done this before?

Every feedback is appreciated!

Rock Ape Aug 4th 2008 4:04 pm

Re: Dealing with NZQA

Originally Posted by Scarpetta (Post 6644176)
Hi

I received the ITA end of May under the condition that my second education (Bachelor) will be fully assessed by NZQA. My third education (Master) was accepted by INZ directly.

Since the 10th of July my application is on "allocation" status at NZQA.

Has anyone a good idea or experience, how this process can be supported?

My ITA is valid until the end of september. Will INZ accept a prolonging request due to this?

Anyone done this before?

Every feedback is appreciated!

Hi,
My advice is to ring them and find out what is going on. I have been banging heads with them for about a month and have complained to the NZ High Commission which got a direct response from the Manager at NZQA. I understand that INZ will grant an extension if there is a dealy at NZQA but you need to make a nuisance of yourself.

As an example of their inefficiency, a registered letter (cost €30) which was signed for by their reception on a Thursday afternoon (tracked on-line) had still not been passed to the assessor by the end of play on the following Monday. Shocking.

My NQZA assessment is the LAST piece of my ITA application outstanding and frankly I'm not HP.

R0b Aug 4th 2008 8:41 pm

Hi,

I've recently had my EOI accepted (with job offer) and I'm awaiting my ITA. This NZQA business is the only thing that is really confusing me. There seems to be mixed messages as to whether degrees and such need to be assessed.

Both my degrees are from a university which appears on 'the list', but I've read that they will still need to be approved :confused: Other sources say they don't need to be approved!

Can some kind person give a definitive yes or no on this (the 1 quid a minute NZ house people are hopeless!) as I'd like to get it all sorted before my ITA arrives. :curse:

The Jezzers Aug 4th 2008 10:23 pm

Hi, We had ours on the list and that is ok for the application we just need the transcripts from the uni because we lost ours.
E.O.I submitted E.O.I selected 2 days later 7/5/2008
Invitation to apply 2/7/2008. I hope this helps :thumbup:

Flan Aug 5th 2008 6:08 am

It depends on the degree and whether you are on the skills shortage list etc. My uni is on the approved list, but because I'm a teacher I had to get both my degree and PGCE approved by NZQA.

This process can be quite slow despite their claims for a 'fast track' option.

In response to the original question on this thread... A phone call will definately be needed to chase up your assessment with NZQA. As Rockape said - my documents were received by NZQA and the fee taken from my credit card on a monday but I didnt receive a confirmation e-mail until the thursday. Also, after chasing my application by phone I was told that it had been completed, when I received the assessment letter and certificate it was dated 10 days previously, so had obviously just been sat on someones desk for a while!!!

Moral of the story - dont wait for them to contact you - phone them!!