date for interview

Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

jack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nice
Default date for interview

I have just had an email from our case officer organising a date for my telephone interview, any tips?
We seem to have waited so long and now its all happening, appart from not being able to sell the house
Old Feb 5th 2009, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: date for interview

Hi Jack1971, there was a post on here with the questions most likely to be asked....I'll go have a look.......aha here are the questions...

why do you want to go to NZ and why now
what have you done to look for work
what do you think will be the main stumbling blocks you may come across
what if you cannot find a job in either your chosen town or your profession
where will you live
what sort of salary would you expect to get in your occupation
do you have any family or friends in NZ
what sort of research have you done into the move
how are you going to finance the move
do you have a house to sell

Hope this helps, if you type 'interview questions' into search threads there's tons of stuff, enjoy!

Last edited by j19fmm; Feb 5th 2009 at 5:43 pm. Reason: added a bit
Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, can't offer any tips...just wanted to say good luck
Old Feb 6th 2009, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Twinkie is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our decision made a week after the telephone interview, we were told there are 3 possibilites:-
1. Application declined
2. A work to residence visa
3. Permanent residency

Unfortunately for us we were offered the work to residency as neither of us had secured a job offer, purely because we needed to sell our house to finance the move and didn't know how long it would take. Our case officer based mostly all my oh's questions on what we had done to look for work. The wtr is out of the question for us as you then have 3 months to apply for the visa and show funds to support yourselves for 3 months, plus return flights and then have only 3 months to complete the move to NZ. Also the uncertainty is not being given pr at the end of it.

So my advice to you would be, do some serious job hunting and try and get an offer of employment if you haven't got one already so that you can get pr instead of wtr. Good luck!!! Twinkie

Last edited by Twinkie; Feb 6th 2009 at 9:30 am. Reason: typo
Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

jack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nicejack1971 is just really nice

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Hi Jack1971, there was a post on here with the questions most likely to be asked....I'll go have a look.......aha here are the questions...

why do you want to go to NZ and why now
what have you done to look for work
what do you think will be the main stumbling blocks you may come across
what if you cannot find a job in either your chosen town or your profession
where will you live
what sort of salary would you expect to get in your occupation
do you have any family or friends in NZ
what sort of research have you done into the move
how are you going to finance the move
do you have a house to sell

Hope this helps, if you type 'interview questions' into search threads there's tons of stuff, enjoy!
Thanks for that, I will start preparing my answers.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Twinkie
We had our decision made a week after the telephone interview, we were told there are 3 possibilites:-
1. Application declined
2. A work to residence visa
3. Permanent residency

Unfortunately for us we were offered the work to residency as neither of us had secured a job offer, purely because we needed to sell our house to finance the move and didn't know how long it would take. Our case officer based mostly all my oh's questions on what we had done to look for work. The wtr is out of the question for us as you then have 3 months to apply for the visa and show funds to support yourselves for 3 months, plus return flights and then have only 3 months to complete the move to NZ. Also the uncertainty is not being given pr at the end of it.

So my advice to you would be, do some serious job hunting and try and get an offer of employment if you haven't got one already so that you can get pr instead of wtr. Good luck!!! Twinkie
OMG - I never even thought they would offer me WTR, I have also got to sell the house, who would offer you a job when you can not even give them a start date, we have also got 2 small children so I wouldn't want to be setting off and then have to return because the visa runs out. I have registered with an agency. What did you say to them when they asked the question about work?
Thanks for letting me know.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Twinkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jack, sorry not replied sooner, i've only just checked messages. You sound as though your position is just the same as ours, we also have 2 small children and needed to sell the house to fund the move. You may have already had the interview by now? My oh had the telephone interview and I didn't get to listen in on it but I think he was exposed as having done no research at all into getting employment! (I had taken charge of our application up until that point and I now know that my oh was having second thoughts which may have come accross to the case officer). He said he'd got websites with job listings which was all he'd really done as well as visiting the 'Emigrate' exhibition, at least you've registered with an agency to show you've done something!!! But it may still be a real possibility that you get wtr as it is in their interest to cover themselves I suppose. I wait to hear back with great interest as to your outcome. All the very best of luck
Twinkie
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jack1971
OMG - I never even thought they would offer me WTR, I have also got to sell the house, who would offer you a job when you can not even give them a start date, we have also got 2 small children so I wouldn't want to be setting off and then have to return because the visa runs out. I have registered with an agency. What did you say to them when they asked the question about work?
Thanks for letting me know.
It seems, as in many cases on here, you will definately only get WTR if your skills require registration or licencing of some kind- electrician or plumber.
Many on here with no job offer have still been granted PR.So there is a good chance you will be.
If by any chance you do get WTR you will have 3 months to apply for it then 6 months in which to get to NZ
good luck
Old Feb 12th 2009, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alchris
It seems, as in many cases on here, you will definately only get WTR if your skills require registration or licencing of some kind- electrician or plumber.
Many on here with no job offer have still been granted PR.So there is a good chance you will be.
If by any chance you do get WTR you will have 3 months to apply for it then 6 months in which to get to NZ
good luck
Thanks for that, we don't need registration, for social workers it is not compulsary. I feel confident that the interview went well, i will let you know.
Jackie