Database Administrator / Oracle DBA

Old Sep 30th 2013, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

amir.khan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Database Administrator / Oracle DBA

Dear friends,

I am Oracle Database Administrator with 6 plus years of experience in Oracle Database Administration field. I have BSc(hons) first class degree in Computing.

I have appeared in IELTS exam, and got 6.5 overall.

Am I eligible for New Zealand Immigration. Can anybody guide me how to calculate my points.

Regards.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 7:57 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Database Administrator / Oracle DBA

try the points indicator

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/
Old Sep 30th 2013, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Dear MrsFychan,
I checked below link..
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...iapply/points/
-------
AGE - 31 year old
25 points: 30-39 years
-------
Bonus points - Oracle Database Administrator
10 points: work in an identified future growth area
10 points: work in an area of absolute skills shortage
-----------
Work experience in skilled employment - 6 + years outside new zealand
20 points: 6 years
-----------
And if the work experience is in an identified future growth area:
15 points: 6 or more years experience.
The above work experience should be anywhere or it must be in NZ ??
----------
And if the work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage:
15 points: 6 or more years.
--------
50 points: recognised level 7 or 8 qualification (e.g. bachelor degree, bachelor degree with honours)
I have BSc(Hons) in Computing.
------------------
Bonus points for qualifications:
10 points: qualification in an identified future growth area
10 points: qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage
----------------------
I have all my education and work experience in Pakistan. Could you please guide me, about points calculation ?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 9:03 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I do not believe that your qualifications fit the exemption criteria, I could not find Pakistan on the list so they would need to be assessed.
any work experience has to be with a comparable market and I'm not sure if Pakistan is considered comparable.
so at this stage I believe you could not claim those points.

Some one with more knowledge may come along and be able to assist more but until then I would say to speak to someone at the Immigration office you would need to use to apply
Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
I do not believe that your qualifications fit the exemption criteria, I could not find Pakistan on the list so they would need to be assessed.
any work experience has to be with a comparable market and I'm not sure if Pakistan is considered comparable.
so at this stage I believe you could not claim those points.

Some one with more knowledge may come along and be able to assist more but until then I would say to speak to someone at the Immigration office you would need to use to apply
I have BSc(Hons) degree from APIIT-Pakistan (Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology) and final year degree has been awarded from Staffordshire University, UK.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 1:18 pm

if they are on the list then yes you can claim. again I do not know about comparable market for your work experience. please speak to someone who caters for migrants from your area
Old Sep 30th 2013, 5:50 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

AGE - 31 year old
25 points: 30-39 years
-------
Bonus points - Oracle Database Administrator
10 points: work in an identified future growth area
10 points: work in an area of absolute skills shortage
You can only claim for these points if you have a job or job offer in NZ
-----------
Work experience in skilled employment - 6 + years outside new zealand
20 points: 6 years
Claiming will depend on whether you come under the LTSSL, see below
-----------
And if the work experience is in an identified future growth area:
15 points: 6 or more years experience.
You need a job offer in NZ to claim for this
----------
And if the work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage:
15 points: 6 or more years.
Your qualification must match the criteria on the LTSSL exactly to be able to claim these points. If you fulfil the requirements under the LTSSL then you can claim points for work experience even if not in a comparable labour market. If you do not fulfil the criteria then you cannot claim for the above Work Experience points either
--------
50 points: recognised level 7 or 8 qualification (e.g. bachelor degree, bachelor degree with honours)
I have BSc(Hons) in Computing.
As MrsF has mentioned, this qualification must be on the List of Recognised Qualifications. If it is not then it will need assessing by NZQA to assess which level it is at. As said above it will need to be classed as equivalent to a degree that is on the LTSSL in order for you to claim points for work experience
------------------
Bonus points for qualifications:
10 points: qualification in an identified future growth area
Only with a job offer in NZ
10 points: qualification in an area of absolute skills shortage
No need for a job offer for this but it must be assessed, see above
----------------------
I have all my education and work experience in Pakistan. Could you please guide me, about points calculation ?

So it looks like you will have to get your qualification assessed, you need it to be classed as comparable to one on the LTSSL to be able to claim points for work experience and also work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage
You can also claim points for work experience [if not on the LTSSL and not in a comparable labour market] if you worked for a multinational company domiciled in a country on the labour market list.

Last edited by Persephone; Sep 30th 2013 at 6:54 pm.