Damn and Blast!!!!!!

Old Oct 12th 2008, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Riverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud ofRiverside has much to be proud of
Default Damn and Blast!!!!!!

:curse:Well, I thought I would give an update to anyone that might want to read it! might be of interest to anyone from the gasfitting/plumber side of things.

Somehow I have managed to get myself made redundant.....before I even started work!! I must say that must be some kind of record...even for me. I have had companies go bust on me before, but this is a first!!

I had been trying to pin my prospective employer down in order to get a limited licence from the pgdb, form all filled out,,,just put your details in and fax it through to the pgdb etc. when I got an e-mail saying blah, blah, credit crunch, taking a long time, blah, uncertain wether or not you are coming over etc etc blah blah.

So because I am totally British, I will send an e-mail back thanking him for his interest, absolve him from any blame whatsoever, and then sit back and wish that he was actually within arms length!!!

I have e-mailed my case officer this evening with the news and asked him if he would sit on the application until the end of the month cos I received a call from another employer just last week saying he might have a job for me in the Wellington area!!! but won't know anything until later this month.
Who knows, perhaps it was just not to be in Auckland

If this doesn't work out, does anyone know what I do then, because giving up is not my prefered way of doing things...having said that I am a realist

Yours, not so much stuck between a rocky bit and a hard place....more having a parade and getting it p*ss*d on!!!

Nick
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:31 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Damn and Blast!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post
:curse:Well, I thought I would give an update to anyone that might want to read it! might be of interest to anyone from the gasfitting/plumber side of things.

Somehow I have managed to get myself made redundant.....before I even started work!! I must say that must be some kind of record...even for me. I have had companies go bust on me before, but this is a first!!

I had been trying to pin my prospective employer down in order to get a limited licence from the pgdb, form all filled out,,,just put your details in and fax it through to the pgdb etc. when I got an e-mail saying blah, blah, credit crunch, taking a long time, blah, uncertain wether or not you are coming over etc etc blah blah.

So because I am totally British, I will send an e-mail back thanking him for his interest, absolve him from any blame whatsoever, and then sit back and wish that he was actually within arms length!!!

I have e-mailed my case officer this evening with the news and asked him if he would sit on the application until the end of the month cos I received a call from another employer just last week saying he might have a job for me in the Wellington area!!! but won't know anything until later this month.

If this doesn't work out, does anyone know what I do then, because giving up is not my prefered way of doing things...having said that I am a realist

Yours, not so much stuck between a rocky bit and a hard place....more having a parade and getting it p*ss*d on!!!

Nick
This was posted on trademe today.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Jo...htm?key=794203

I know it says you have to be eligible, however the fact that you seem to be at least halfway through the nightmare that is NZIS, it may be worth flicking them an email

Good Luck
Old Oct 13th 2008, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Damn and Blast!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Riverside View Post

Nick
Sorry to hear of your woes Nick, try www.workingin-newzealand.com

and www.seek.co.nz

Wortha try aye? Good luck. If you REALLY want it you will get it..just a matter of time..hang in there!!!!!!!!!!! Its worth the wait!!!! I waited 15years!! I am sure you will only be a few months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!