Current turnaround times?

Old Feb 20th 2014, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Default Current turnaround times?

Hi All,

Just a quick question. Were I to land a job in NZ today (from the UK), does anyone have an idea on how long it would be before I could actually work in New Zealand?

Steve
Old Feb 20th 2014, 11:51 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current turnaround times?

when you have the appropriate/valid visa in your passport
Old Feb 21st 2014, 12:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Here is a link to the NZIS processing times guidelines
Old Feb 21st 2014, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Here is a link to the NZIS processing times guidelines

Thanks.
Old Feb 24th 2014, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

I have just submitted an application for a work visa. I am already in NZ so it was relatively easy for me to arrange my medicals and assorted documents. From experience that'll be what sucks more time and money for you than the visa itself. If you are expecting an offer of employment imminently I'd probably save yourself time and effort by getting the medicals/ chest x-rays and police certificates ahead of time if you can.

I am sweating a wee bit that my visa will be back in time since I've sent it to Christchurch and they apparently only manage 63% of visa applications within the advertised time limits. Oh well. They have about 4 weeks to sort it. I just don't want to run out of money before they do or for my employer to get antsy and decide they'd like a Kiwi more.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 12:51 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by LauraNotts
I have just submitted an application for a work visa. I am already in NZ so it was relatively easy for me to arrange my medicals and assorted documents. From experience that'll be what sucks more time and money for you than the visa itself. If you are expecting an offer of employment imminently I'd probably save yourself time and effort by getting the medicals/ chest x-rays and police certificates ahead of time if you can.

I am sweating a wee bit that my visa will be back in time since I've sent it to Christchurch and they apparently only manage 63% of visa applications within the advertised time limits. Oh well. They have about 4 weeks to sort it. I just don't want to run out of money before they do or for my employer to get antsy and decide they'd like a Kiwi more.
Just count your blessings that yours isn't being processed through Wellington - especially a resident visa

Especially when people who submitted applications a month after you did have had a response and been accepted
Old Feb 26th 2014, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Erm...to my enormous shock, ecstasy and delight I recieved a phonecall from INZ today to inform me they have approved my visa and are couriering my documents back to me. Granted I am a Mental Health nurse so that makes my life a little easier. That's really blinking QUICK they've only had it two days. God bless you INZ.

So with a work visa you may be lucky.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

gks1508 is an unknown quantity at this point

Like Laura, we submitted our visa applications to INZ London last week and following a couple of small hiccups, calls to New Zealand etc, our visas verbally approved today. Our immigration officer was extremely helpful and pulled out all the stops when she saw a potential problem, and was definitely there to help not hinder. It's things like getting police checks, medicals lined up and job contracts completed that takes the time.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 8:03 am
Just Joined

MrsD70 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's took us six months � ����but every case is different
Old Mar 13th 2014, 8:45 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

it does all depend on which type of visa you are applying for.
MrF got a temp work visa from Wellington Immigration office in Sept 2011 in 4hrs but our ITA,through London Office, with the job offer took over 4mths, but that did include Christmas closures and CO only working 4 days a week.
Old Apr 6th 2014, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Helen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to allHelen256 is a name known to all

It really does depend on the visa...

We were overjoyed that, whilst in the UK, hubby had his work visa completed within two weeks (once he'd had medicals and police stiff come back to us, etc). He's also moved here to NZ with an accredited company so it went *super-fast*.

I, on the other hand, have only just received my actual visa as the OH. It took a whole month longer and I was approved whilst somewhere over the US (decided to take the risk and fly with OH as I'd cottoned on that my Immigration officer was a little slow in responding to anything. Ever.).

It then took three and a half weeks for Immigration in the UK to send the electronic details to Immigration NZ so I could prove to potential employees that I was legal.

NZ immigration folk in Auckland have been amazing though. Can't fault them.