criteria for NZ visa

Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:12 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 16
Lyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the rough
Default criteria for NZ visa

Hi everyone, new to the site and will probably be asking lots of questions in my bid for help. In a nutshell, have daughter in Oz and we wanted to move to Oz within the next couple of years as my husband has just turned 60. Unfortunately we dont meet the requirements for Parent visa as 50% of our children are not perm in Oz.
Where do I look on the site to find the criteria for going to NZ. We would have house to sell so enough capital to buy over there etc.
Any advice pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as not very good on these forums as yet.
Thanks
Lyndsa is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:49 am
  #2  
 
Am Loolah's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 7,208
Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: criteria for NZ visa

Originally Posted by Lyndsa View Post
Hi everyone, new to the site and will probably be asking lots of questions in my bid for help. In a nutshell, have daughter in Oz and we wanted to move to Oz within the next couple of years as my husband has just turned 60. Unfortunately we dont meet the requirements for Parent visa as 50% of our children are not perm in Oz.
Where do I look on the site to find the criteria for going to NZ. We would have house to sell so enough capital to buy over there etc.
Any advice pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as not very good on these forums as yet.
Thanks
Hello Lyndsa

Welcome to the forum - have some karma to help you along.

I think you should check out the
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ral/aboutnzis/

There may be age limits that come into play, I'm not sure ...
Am Loolah is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:32 pm
  #3  
lionheart
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: papamoa
Posts: 571
howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: criteria for NZ visa

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry can't give much positive feedback, certain their is a cut off age of 55 for entry into NZ unless you have sufficient money to buy your way in as you can buy your way in Oz. We've had similar threads with regards to age.

Best of luck
Pauline
howden40 is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2008, 5:01 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 16
Lyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: criteria for NZ visa

Originally Posted by howden40 View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry can't give much positive feedback, certain their is a cut off age of 55 for entry into NZ unless you have sufficient money to buy your way in as you can buy your way in Oz. We've had similar threads with regards to age.

Best of luck
Pauline
Thanks for getting back to me.
have you both got to be under 55? Where do I find the link on buying your way in to NZ. Couldnt find the link to buy way in to Oz either, I did say I was no good on these forums !! lol
Lyndsa is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:21 pm
  #5  
P2L
BE Forum Addict
 
P2L's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: NZ
Posts: 3,366
P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: criteria for NZ visa

Originally Posted by Lyndsa View Post
Thanks for getting back to me.
have you both got to be under 55? Where do I find the link on buying your way in to NZ. Couldnt find the link to buy way in to Oz either, I did say I was no good on these forums !! lol

The principal applicant must be under 55 to gain residency.
P2L is offline  
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:27 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 16
Lyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: criteria for NZ visa

Originally Posted by kev&sarah View Post
The principal applicant must be under 55 to gain residency.
Oh well thats good then cos I am under 55. NOw need to find and read the links on ways to get to NZ. Thanks for your help so far
Lyndsa is offline  
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:34 pm
  #7  
BE Site Lead & Admin
 
BEVS's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Below
Posts: 33,061
BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: criteria for NZ visa

Hi there Lyndsa and welcome to the little NZ forum.


Please have a read of THIS LINK . It tells you a little about each of the immigration categories.

As you are under 55 , you could apply to become an NZ permanent resident through the skilled migrant category depending on your UK qualifications and occupation. This is worked through a points system. A quick check to see what points you might be able to claim can be done through the POINTS INDICATOR. There are skill shortages in New Zealand. If your occupation appears on this list, then the Skilled Migrant Category may work for you.


Investor and Business Categories for New Zealand


Please note that you need to be a Permanent Resident in NZ for 5 years before you can apply to become an NZ citizen.

Best place to ask about any investment categories for Australia is in the Ozzy forum here on BE.

Here is the link to the Investor Retirement Visa for Oz. It doesn't lead to PR there .

HTH
BEVS is online now  
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:38 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 16
Lyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: criteria for NZ visa

Originally Posted by BEVS here View Post
Hi there Lyndsa and welcome to the little NZ forum.


Please have a read of THIS LINK . It tells you a little about each of the immigration categories.

As you are under 55 , you could apply to become an NZ permanent resident through the skilled migrant category depending on your UK qualifications and occupation. This is worked through a points system. A quick check to see what points you might be able to claim can be done through the POINTS INDICATOR. There are skill shortages in New Zealand. If your occupation appears on this list, then the Skilled Migrant Category may work for you.


Investor and Business Categories for New Zealand


Please note that you need to be a Permanent Resident in NZ for 5 years before you can apply to become an NZ citizen.

Best place to ask about any investment categories for Australia is in the Ozzy forum here on BE.

Here is the link to the Investor Retirement Visa for Oz. It doesn't lead to PR there .

HTH
thanks so much, I will have a look at the links. No doubt I will be posting again with more queries lol
x
Lyndsa is offline  
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:31 pm
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
 
newkiwi's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 977
newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: criteria for NZ visa

Originally Posted by Lyndsa View Post
thanks so much, I will have a look at the links. No doubt I will be posting again with more queries lol
x
I thought there was a retirement visa option for oz, do you not qualify for that?
newkiwi is offline  
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:37 pm
  #10  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 16
Lyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: criteria for NZ visa

Originally Posted by newkiwi View Post
I thought there was a retirement visa option for oz, do you not qualify for that?
didnt know about that, will have a look at it,
Thanks
Lyndsa is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.