criteria for NZ visa

Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Lyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the rough
Default criteria for NZ visa

Hi everyone, new to the site and will probably be asking lots of questions in my bid for help. In a nutshell, have daughter in Oz and we wanted to move to Oz within the next couple of years as my husband has just turned 60. Unfortunately we dont meet the requirements for Parent visa as 50% of our children are not perm in Oz.
Where do I look on the site to find the criteria for going to NZ. We would have house to sell so enough capital to buy over there etc.
Any advice pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as not very good on these forums as yet.
Thanks
Old Jul 19th 2008, 11:49 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: criteria for NZ visa

Originally Posted by Lyndsa
Hi everyone, new to the site and will probably be asking lots of questions in my bid for help. In a nutshell, have daughter in Oz and we wanted to move to Oz within the next couple of years as my husband has just turned 60. Unfortunately we dont meet the requirements for Parent visa as 50% of our children are not perm in Oz.
Where do I look on the site to find the criteria for going to NZ. We would have house to sell so enough capital to buy over there etc.
Any advice pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as not very good on these forums as yet.
Thanks
Hello Lyndsa

Welcome to the forum - have some karma to help you along.

I think you should check out the
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ral/aboutnzis/

There may be age limits that come into play, I'm not sure ...
Old Jul 19th 2008, 4:32 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry can't give much positive feedback, certain their is a cut off age of 55 for entry into NZ unless you have sufficient money to buy your way in as you can buy your way in Oz. We've had similar threads with regards to age.

Best of luck
Pauline
Old Jul 19th 2008, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Lyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the roughLyndsa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by howden40
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry can't give much positive feedback, certain their is a cut off age of 55 for entry into NZ unless you have sufficient money to buy your way in as you can buy your way in Oz. We've had similar threads with regards to age.

Best of luck
Pauline
Thanks for getting back to me.
have you both got to be under 55? Where do I find the link on buying your way in to NZ. Couldnt find the link to buy way in to Oz either, I did say I was no good on these forums !! lol
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:21 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for getting back to me.
have you both got to be under 55? Where do I find the link on buying your way in to NZ. Couldnt find the link to buy way in to Oz either, I did say I was no good on these forums !! lol

The principal applicant must be under 55 to gain residency.
Old Jul 19th 2008, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
The principal applicant must be under 55 to gain residency.
Oh well thats good then cos I am under 55. NOw need to find and read the links on ways to get to NZ. Thanks for your help so far
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there Lyndsa and welcome to the little NZ forum.

Please have a read of THIS LINK . It tells you a little about each of the immigration categories.

As you are under 55 , you could apply to become an NZ permanent resident through the skilled migrant category depending on your UK qualifications and occupation. This is worked through a points system. A quick check to see what points you might be able to claim can be done through the POINTS INDICATOR. There are skill shortages in New Zealand. If your occupation appears on this list, then the Skilled Migrant Category may work for you.

Investor and Business Categories for New Zealand

Please note that you need to be a Permanent Resident in NZ for 5 years before you can apply to become an NZ citizen.

Best place to ask about any investment categories for Australia is in the Ozzy forum here on BE.

Here is the link to the Investor Retirement Visa for Oz. It doesn't lead to PR there .

HTH
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Hi there Lyndsa and welcome to the little NZ forum.

Please have a read of THIS LINK . It tells you a little about each of the immigration categories.

As you are under 55 , you could apply to become an NZ permanent resident through the skilled migrant category depending on your UK qualifications and occupation. This is worked through a points system. A quick check to see what points you might be able to claim can be done through the POINTS INDICATOR. There are skill shortages in New Zealand. If your occupation appears on this list, then the Skilled Migrant Category may work for you.

Investor and Business Categories for New Zealand

Please note that you need to be a Permanent Resident in NZ for 5 years before you can apply to become an NZ citizen.

Best place to ask about any investment categories for Australia is in the Ozzy forum here on BE.

Here is the link to the Investor Retirement Visa for Oz. It doesn't lead to PR there .

HTH
thanks so much, I will have a look at the links. No doubt I will be posting again with more queries lol
x
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

thanks so much, I will have a look at the links. No doubt I will be posting again with more queries lol
x
I thought there was a retirement visa option for oz, do you not qualify for that?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by newkiwi
I thought there was a retirement visa option for oz, do you not qualify for that?
didnt know about that, will have a look at it,
Thanks