Criminal past comes back to haunt us!

Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:59 pm
NZbound

yorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really nice
Default Criminal past comes back to haunt us!

My OH was a bad lad in his youth - do you think this will go against him??? Bearing in mind he had to have a full CRB check to work in a prison about 5yrs ago and he was passed for that and allowed in to do some electrical work so if he can get into a prison towork surely he can get into a country???? Anyway....

1 - Burglary at 13yrs old (him and his daft mates robbed a fruit shop in the village)

2 - Theft by finding at 15yrs (found some crates of beer and took them, cooper stopped them and when they said they'd found it they got done for theft by finding)

3 - Taking without owner consent aged 16yrs (slept at a mates, got up took his mates moped to go to shop - got stopped, as hadn't asked mates permission got done for TWOC)

4 - Drunk driving aged 20yrs (went on the lash all weekend, got up sunday morning and drove moped to shop - crashed into parked car, broke pelvis, wrist, ankle and whilst unconcious bllods were taken by the paramedics and he was found to be still over the limit from the weekend drinking)

ARGH!!!! :curse: But clean record for last 20yrs... started adult trainee course qualified as a sparky and here we are today!!!

What do you think!!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:41 am
Chocoholic

Yummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to all
Default Re: Criminal past comes back to haunt us!

Hey

Dont they put that down to being young and stupid??

Lets face it many many people commit petty crimes, especially when they are young and i think they only take it seriously if a jail sentence has been given for a certain crime.

I dont think a driving offence would stop you getting in

Also... if it was 20 years ago.. i'm not sure if this would still show up anyway. I know in scotland with the Disclosure Scotland check... data is only held for 10 years, so this is the only data they can report on any criminal background check.

I really dont think you will have any trouble at all.

Funnily enough... my hubby did the same thing many years ago... got up early after a night of heavy drinking, wanted rolls at the shop, on the way back swerved out the way of a van and hit a fence!!! He was still over the limit the day after!!!

Caz x
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

kimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to allkimberleyclarke2 is a name known to all

Have you done a police check form to see what comes up. The forms are on the NZ immigration site and it might be worth sending off for one.

Kim x
Old Mar 6th 2009, 4:42 pm
NZbound

yorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really niceyorkshire_sparkie is just really nice

Originally Posted by kimberleyclarke2
Have you done a police check form to see what comes up. The forms are on the NZ immigration site and it might be worth sending off for one.

Kim x
Not yet (haven't sent the EOI in yet) - but he had his CRB done for working in the prison and all the offenses were on it .... (although they are "spent" now).....

Hope it doesn't affect out chances or hubby will get a kick in the bum :curse:

lol
Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by yorkshire_sparkie
My OH was a bad lad in his youth - do you think this will go against him??? Bearing in mind he had to have a full CRB check to work in a prison about 5yrs ago and he was passed for that and allowed in to do some electrical work so if he can get into a prison towork surely he can get into a country???? Anyway....

1 - Burglary at 13yrs old (him and his daft mates robbed a fruit shop in the village)

2 - Theft by finding at 15yrs (found some crates of beer and took them, cooper stopped them and when they said they'd found it they got done for theft by finding)

3 - Taking without owner consent aged 16yrs (slept at a mates, got up took his mates moped to go to shop - got stopped, as hadn't asked mates permission got done for TWOC)

4 - Drunk driving aged 20yrs (went on the lash all weekend, got up sunday morning and drove moped to shop - crashed into parked car, broke pelvis, wrist, ankle and whilst unconcious bllods were taken by the paramedics and he was found to be still over the limit from the weekend drinking)

ARGH!!!! :curse: But clean record for last 20yrs... started adult trainee course qualified as a sparky and here we are today!!!

What do you think!!
I just hope he is more successful as an electricain than as a criminal

Get a police check done as see what is shows up. theya re valid for 6 months

Goodluck with your application.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:03 am
NZbound

Originally Posted by nick333
I just hope he is more successful as an electricain than as a criminal
Yeah he made a lousy criminal ... Better as a sparkie..So he tells me anyway - I just switch off to the "earth bonding this, twin and earth that speeches"
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:57 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Your police certificate will state:
-No Trace: No cautions, convictions, reprimands or final warnings
-No Live Trace: You have a Police record. It does nopt appear as it has been "stepped down" in accordance with the "Retention Guildelines for Nominal Records on the Police Nationals Computer". Although it states No Live Trace, they still form part of your criminal history. You must declare all of them on your visa application. NZ Immi, will ask you to explain this if you do not declare them and this could delay your visa.
-Details Of Your Criminal Conviction: This includes the date of the conviction, the Court where the offense was heard and the penalty imposed.
-Further Information "Stepped Down": Meaning that some of the information held on the Police National Computer has been stepped down.

I hope this helps...

Am just glad mine came as NO TRACE

All the best
Old Mar 11th 2009, 7:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by yorkshire_sparkie
Yeah he made a lousy criminal ... Better as a sparkie..So he tells me anyway - I just switch off to the "earth bonding this, twin and earth that speeches"
Bleurgh

Try Boss White. Crox nuts. Underfloors. Bute. Brazing.

BEVS
plumbers wifey.