Criminal Convictions

Old Sep 14th 2007, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all
Default Criminal Convictions

My OH has some criminal convictions from about 10 years ago which are spent under the UK system but will still be shown on police checks for immigration. Without going into it too much they are from a drunken night out when it was considered funny to take something that wasn't his and he was charged with public order and theft. He was given a 12 month conditional disharge and fined around £60 after he apologised and said he was extremely drunk and how remorseful he was. It was out of character and he has been out of trouble since. We just need to know if this will stop us immigrating to NZ as I have read that any dishonesty convictions will stop you being accepted. Any info about convictions and immigration to NZ would be helpful.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:58 am
Just Joined

joshgifford will become famous soon enoughjoshgifford will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Criminal Convictions

Hi I had previous convictions all drink related ,the latest one being 23 years ago and they showed up on my police record.When we submitted our EOI we misread the question relating to police convictions and we rec,d a letter from NZIS stating that i had misled them with information.Our assigning officer at NZIS was very understanding and i had to write chapter and verse on my convictions.They look alot worse on your police record than they actually were ie theft (pinched a crate of guiness from an offy back yard when drunk).NZIS then wrote back saying that i had a character waiver so don,t worry as long as you explain the circumstances.Good Luck
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

cathdarke1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Criminal Convictions

Originally Posted by Animal Crackers
My OH has some criminal convictions from about 10 years ago which are spent under the UK system but will still be shown on police checks for immigration. Without going into it too much they are from a drunken night out when it was considered funny to take something that wasn't his and he was charged with public order and theft. He was given a 12 month conditional disharge and fined around £60 after he apologised and said he was extremely drunk and how remorseful he was. It was out of character and he has been out of trouble since. We just need to know if this will stop us immigrating to NZ as I have read that any dishonesty convictions will stop you being accepted. Any info about convictions and immigration to NZ would be helpful.
Hi,

We have been in NZ 6 weeks - My hubby had a spent criminal conviction from 10 years ago - Actual Bodily Harm 60 hours Community Service and £1000 fine - He declared it even though it was a spent conviction from 12 years ago - Just as well cause immigration pulled him on it and he had to go up against the character reference board for NZ immigration - He had to do a statement that it happened 12 years ago, it was a first offence and he has never been in trouble since. Got drink, got in to a fight blah blah blah. He passed and we are here - I recommend you declare - Better to be honest.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all

Originally Posted by joshgifford
Hi I had previous convictions all drink related ,the latest one being 23 years ago and they showed up on my police record.When we submitted our EOI we misread the question relating to police convictions and we rec,d a letter from NZIS stating that i had misled them with information.Our assigning officer at NZIS was very understanding and i had to write chapter and verse on my convictions.They look alot worse on your police record than they actually were ie theft (pinched a crate of guiness from an offy back yard when drunk).NZIS then wrote back saying that i had a character waiver so don,t worry as long as you explain the circumstances.Good Luck

Hi
Thanks for the reassuring advise it has made us both feel a whole heap better, but I laughed when you said it was in drink as all of his are too. But I've told him that I'm going without him if he gets turned down
Regards Gaynor x
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cathdarke1
Hi,

We have been in NZ 6 weeks - My hubby had a spent criminal conviction from 10 years ago - Actual Bodily Harm 60 hours Community Service and £1000 fine - He declared it even though it was a spent conviction from 12 years ago - Just as well cause immigration pulled him on it and he had to go up against the character reference board for NZ immigration - He had to do a statement that it happened 12 years ago, it was a first offence and he has never been in trouble since. Got drink, got in to a fight blah blah blah. He passed and we are here - I recommend you declare - Better to be honest.
Hi
Thanks for the reassuring advisehis too was in drink and finally at 38 he has learnt his lesson!!:curse: Which part of NZ have you moved too? How are you finding it? How long has it taken from start to finish any advise would be greatly received

Kind Regards Gaynor x
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

joshgifford will become famous soon enoughjoshgifford will become famous soon enough

Hi
Thanks for the reassuring advise it has made us both feel a whole heap better, but I laughed when you said it was in drink as all of his are too. But I've told him that I'm going without him if he gets turned down
Regards Gaynor x
that,s what my missus said as well
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

that,s what my missus said as well
Us women have to stick togetheryou men should feel privaledged that we want to take you with us
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

cathdarke1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for the reassuring advisehis too was in drink and finally at 38 he has learnt his lesson!!:curse: Which part of NZ have you moved too? How are you finding it? How long has it taken from start to finish any advise would be greatly received

Kind Regards Gaynor x
Hi,

We have moved to the Bay of Plenty, a place called Papamoa - It is gorgeous!!! Steve got offered a job whilst still in the UK so we have come on a Work to Residence Talent Visa - He got the job offer in April and we arrived here on the 10th August - It doesn't take that long- However coming on this type of visa means we can apply for residency after 2 years and we have to go to the same process and cost again.

Good luck and if you need any advice don't hesitate to private message me.

Cath
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Us women have to stick togetheryou men should feel privaledged that we want to take you with us
who are you going to teach how to use the washing machine ,ironing board,etc if you women don,t take us men with you?(only joking.......ouch my wife has just walked in !)
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

who are you going to teach how to use the washing machine ,ironing board,etc if you women don,t take us men with you?(only joking.......ouch my wife has just walked in !)
My OH is very well trained I couldn't start again with another, so he'll have to come
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:01 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cathdarke1
Hi,

We have moved to the Bay of Plenty, a place called Papamoa - It is gorgeous!!! Steve got offered a job whilst still in the UK so we have come on a Work to Residence Talent Visa - He got the job offer in April and we arrived here on the 10th August - It doesn't take that long- However coming on this type of visa means we can apply for residency after 2 years and we have to go to the same process and cost again.

Good luck and if you need any advice don't hesitate to private message me.

Cath
you don't have to wait 2 years to put in for PR, you can do so now if you want/can afford to