Crikey - we got PR today

Old May 1st 2008, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice
Default Re: Crikey - we got PR today

Thank you Chris and Hi Sue
Hangover still going on

Not sure when going over as still have to sell the house

Would love to go tomorrow!

Still smiling Emma and Ken
Old May 2nd 2008, 8:32 am
Just Joined

George2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations I hope it all works out well for you.
Old May 5th 2008, 8:14 pm
Family landed :)

newzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nicenewzealandplease is just really nice

congrats. Good luck with the house sale.

hope its us next !!!!!
Old May 6th 2008, 12:16 am
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EmandKen
Thank you everyone for your lovely good wishes.

Hoping to move to Christchurch as we like city stuff and country too. I love the sea and OH loves the mountains so we should both be happy. Also bringing our 2 lovely cats, Lady and Daisy. Hubby is computer porgrammer and I'm a secondary school English teacher. Plan is for hubby to get a job before we go and me to do supply when I get there to check out schools.

Our house has been on the market since, can you believe, the end of September! aargghhh! Am getting bored with getting Mr Sheen out and buying fresh flowers now! Have thought about renting it out but not sure we'd cover the mortgage and a management fee plus would rather have the cash to take (wouldn't we all?) Still we're planning a good old chat over a bottle of vino and a pizza tomorrow night (find my best ideas come from this).
I really think we ned to reduce the price quite a lot. The market is awful at the moment, isn't it? Wish we had sold too Karen, you lucky thing.

Vikki and Sean it's lovely that you're so happy there, even in the rain! Can't be bad. Whereabouts are you?

Want2move, you're right in all your answers. The 12 month activation starts from the date we send the passports in, as far as I understand, and it seems you can leave NZ and return; they issue a 2 year returning visa. However I don't have full details of that yet so am not 100% sure how it works.

Have a rotten hangover today bit all worth it. Friday tomorrow so more champers will be flowing I'm sure...

Emma
Hiya,

we are just south of Auckland, a lovely place called wattle downs. We have had rain again but i can honestly say it is nice rain!! Its not cold and its not in the UK!!!

We wish you all the luck and hope you do sell soon.Our rent doesnt cover our mortgage at the moment we top it up but the way we are looking at it is that it is a savings scheme and hopefully when the market picks up again we can then sell and get our 'savings' out of it to then buy somewhere here.Mad some may say but it was our only option.

Hope the hangover isnt too bad.

Take care,

Vikki and sean
Old May 7th 2008, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

I have just opened my mail box, to find an email from our case officer, and I have my telephone interview TODAY!!

I think after that, it's a week to their decision?

right, what do I need to tell them? Or rather, NOT tell them?
Old May 7th 2008, 9:47 am
Just Joined

samsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant futuresamsuth has a brilliant future

Congratulations on your P.R. - i am so jealous.

Were still trying to gather all of our paperwork together for our ITA - still waiting on the results of our medicals and police checks then off it goes

Everything seems to be going at a snails pace!!

Good luck with the house sale

Sam