Crikey - we got PR today

Old Apr 30th 2008, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice
Default Crikey - we got PR today

We got what we've been waiting for - yippeee! They really want us - can't quite believe it. Now I know what that feeling is like and it tastes good! Champers is ready and waiting

It'll be year tomorrow since we submitted our EOI; we are 140 points with no job offer as still have to sell house in UK.

Thank you to everyone on here for the advice; will let you know when we come over and we can buy you a drink Hoping to head Christchurch way.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:07 pm
Short & Sweet

Spawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to all
Default Re: Crikey - we got PR today

Hiya

Congrats on your PR. Feels like a lifetime since we started with the forms. We put our ITA in March with no job offers and still waiting for house to sell. How long have you got to move out there? Once again congratulations
Dawn
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice

Thanks a lot Dawn. Champers is flowing but it's not sunk in yet!

They say we have 6 months to accept and send passports and migrant levy in (£230 for the 2 of us) and then a year to activate the visa. Hang on in there, it's a really stressful time isn't it, especially with the house situation. We're going to drop our price dramatically to get ourselves out there. Hope that does it. Best of luck wth your ITA.
Emma
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by EmandKen
We got what we've been waiting for - yippeee! They really want us - can't quite believe it. Now I know what that feeling is like and it tastes good! Champers is ready and waiting

It'll be year tomorrow since we submitted our EOI; we are 140 points with no job offer as still have to sell house in UK.

Thank you to everyone on here for the advice; will let you know when we come over and we can buy you a drink Hoping to head Christchurch way.

Hi,
Congrats, we submitted ours start of March this year, and sent job offer in 2 weeks ago.

Sold house and have moved in with my parents.

Just a waiting game.

Have you been to New Zealand?

Regards
Karen
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Karen
Thanks for congrats
Yes lived in Auckland Norht Shore as a child aged 2-4 years (can't remember a lot!) and visited with OH in summer 2007 and loved it. What stage you at? Am jealous you've sold house!
Emma
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Whoops sorry noticed typos, tis the champers
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations!

I am trying to figure out the time it takes from the beginning (EOI) to the end (PR) and time to activate and move permanently. I am going to use the timelines from your signature to ask few things, if you do not mind.

EOI submitted 1 May 2007
I assume there is nothing else to do then just wait at this point.
EOI selected 9 May 2007
Do you have to do anything at this point (after EOI got selected and until you receive ITA)?
ITA received 14 Aug 2007
Is this where you put all the supporting documents together and send back?
ITA sent to NZ House 20 Oct 2007
Is there anything needed to be done in this point other than waiting?
PR received 30 April 2008
After positive PR decision, you have 6 months to send your passport for PR sticker, right?
The 12 months activation period, does it start from the date of the PR decision OR PR sticker date?
When you go to NZ to activate your PR, do you have to live in NZ permanently or you get some more time to go back home and take care of everything and return to NZ?
Thanks
Old Apr 30th 2008, 10:23 pm
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future

Hi,

Congratulations on your PR

We have been in NZ for 3 months now and i can still remember how stressful it all was.still have the nightmares, LOL!!

We couldnt sell our house and we couldnt afford to drop the price as we would have walked away with not a fat lot, so we have rented ours out until the market picks up again.

Good Luck with everything and congratulations agin,

Vikki & Sean

P.s. All you others keep your chin up and you will get there eventually.It took us nearly 2 years and we only got the final go ahead so quickly as my husband had a job offer.It is worth it, we had never been before.even though it is raining today it is still heaven
Old May 1st 2008, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Karen
Thanks for congrats
Yes lived in Auckland Norht Shore as a child aged 2-4 years (can't remember a lot!) and visited with OH in summer 2007 and loved it. What stage you at? Am jealous you've sold house!
Emma
Hi Emma,

We sent out ITA in at the start of March this year, while we where in New Zealand OH has three interviews, and got offered all three jobs (amazed). We have picked the company just outside Auckland, when we got home we sent job offer to immigration, received an email to say we have been assigned a case offer, just waiting now.

How long has your house been up for sale?

We put ours up just after xmas; we had a silly offer which we turned down,
the second offer we accepted, we reduced house price by £5k.

We booked our trip to NZ last year, so we could not cancel. We were away for the whole month of March, which was great for us, but the purchases where not to happy. We had emails going back and forward while on holiday. When we got back, we had 1.1/2 weeks to move out, everything has gone into storage, friends and relations (can’t find anything). we have moved in with my parents (fun).

We are hoping to move to either Browns Bay or Howick (around that area). Where are you hoping to move to? We are not planning on buying a house first, we are going to rent for the first year.

Will you be able to move out if you can’t sell house?

Regards
Karen
Old May 1st 2008, 9:18 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Yay many congrats on your PR!
Old May 1st 2008, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maz
Yay many congrats on your PR!
have just seen this .. WOW .. huge congratulations!

Am hoping we shall be ht on your heels, our ITA got submitted 26th Nov, 140 points and no job offer.

Have you already got your house on the market ready to sell? Thankfully ours sold 2 months ago, so just this last PR hurdle for us.
Old May 1st 2008, 12:18 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add my congratulations really

I dream of the day when it'll be ME making everyone else jealous

All the best with the rest of the preparations now!! Any room in your suitcase??
Old May 1st 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you everyone for your lovely good wishes.

Hoping to move to Christchurch as we like city stuff and country too. I love the sea and OH loves the mountains so we should both be happy. Also bringing our 2 lovely cats, Lady and Daisy. Hubby is computer porgrammer and I'm a secondary school English teacher. Plan is for hubby to get a job before we go and me to do supply when I get there to check out schools.

Our house has been on the market since, can you believe, the end of September! aargghhh! Am getting bored with getting Mr Sheen out and buying fresh flowers now! Have thought about renting it out but not sure we'd cover the mortgage and a management fee plus would rather have the cash to take (wouldn't we all?) Still we're planning a good old chat over a bottle of vino and a pizza tomorrow night (find my best ideas come from this).
I really think we ned to reduce the price quite a lot. The market is awful at the moment, isn't it? Wish we had sold too Karen, you lucky thing.

Vikki and Sean it's lovely that you're so happy there, even in the rain! Can't be bad. Whereabouts are you?

Want2move, you're right in all your answers. The 12 month activation starts from the date we send the passports in, as far as I understand, and it seems you can leave NZ and return; they issue a 2 year returning visa. However I don't have full details of that yet so am not 100% sure how it works.

Have a rotten hangover today bit all worth it. Friday tomorrow so more champers will be flowing I'm sure...

Emma
Old May 1st 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you everyone for your lovely good wishes.

Hoping to move to Christchurch as we like city stuff and country too. I love the sea and OH loves the mountains so we should both be happy. Also bringing our 2 lovely cats, Lady and Daisy. Hubby is computer porgrammer and I'm a secondary school English teacher. Plan is for hubby to get a job before we go and me to do supply when I get there to check out schools.

Our house has been on the market since, can you believe, the end of September! aargghhh! Am getting bored with getting Mr Sheen out and buying fresh flowers now! Have thought about renting it out but not sure we'd cover the mortgage and a management fee plus would rather have the cash to take (wouldn't we all?) Still we're planning a good old chat over a bottle of vino and a pizza tomorrow night (find my best ideas come from this).
I really think we ned to reduce the price quite a lot. The market is awful at the moment, isn't it? Wish we had sold too Karen, you lucky thing.

Vikki and Sean it's lovely that you're so happy there, even in the rain! Can't be bad. Whereabouts are you?

Want2move, you're right in all your answers. The 12 month activation starts from the date we send the passports in, as far as I understand, and it seems you can leave NZ and return; they issue a 2 year returning visa. However I don't have full details of that yet so am not 100% sure how it works.

Have a rotten hangover today bit all worth it. Friday tomorrow so more champers will be flowing I'm sure...

Emma
CONGRATS to you both on your PR, I have a glass to celebrate with you.
Great news.

Chris
Old May 1st 2008, 9:40 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS

How's the hangover? When are you going over?

All the best
Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.