Covid visa help

Old Nov 30th 2020, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

pinecone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covid visa help

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. My partner (who is a NZ permanent resident) and I are looking to move to NZ for a year to spend time with his family before settling down in the UK. The ideal visa for me is the Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa which would allow me to live and work in New Zealand for up to two years.

Does anyone know if these visas are still being processed? Our aim is to come to NZ in May/June next year but I'm not sure how covid would affect this. I have applied for permission to apply for a critical purpose visitors visa as the partner of a NZ resident and I have been invited to apply and so have to make the application within a month. I understand that this will only grant me 6 months as a visitor so could I apply for both visas at the same time or should I wait to apply for the work visa once I get there (assuming my application is approved?).

Any advice would be great thank you.
Old Dec 7th 2020, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Perksynav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Covid visa help

Don't take my answer as definitive but I am shortly doing something similar. I was told by INZ that they are not processing any visas except for the critical purpose visitors visa if you are currently outside NZ (for UK citizens anyway). I will be traveling on that basis and applying in country for different visa like you suggest which was also the recommended path by INZ.

BTW my critical purpose visa is for 12 months with ability to work (but only valid for entry to NZ for 6 months from issue). So don't apply too early, mine was processed in 20 days but I don't know if that is typical or not! . If MIQ is still up and running make sure you register and keep an eye on available dates too. Balancing booking MIQ availability and flight dates is an interesting juggling act and cuts down on your flexibility. Good luck!
Old Jan 24th 2021, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

pinecone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Covid visa help

Thanks for your help! I applied late December and my CPVV has just been approved but don't have the right to work unfortunately. I will try and apply for a partner work visa once in the country but just glad it's been approved! Now to juggle the booking of MIQ and flights