"COVERING LETTER FOR ITA APPLICATION"

Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:03 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Post "COVERING LETTER FOR ITA APPLICATION"

Call me thick if you wish, lol.
Its just we are going to london in 3 SLEEPS to hand in our ITA and yet we still have not done a covering letter!!
My brain is now dead, so please can any of you give us any hints of what we should be putting in it????
Im sure once I get going with it it will roll, however, just need a bit of push from you guys please, I will send karma to anyone that replies good information Go on, you know you want to help

Tina, Will,Josh and a very unhappy Harri (who by the way is still giving us hell about going)!!!! AARRGGHH,
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:25 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "COVERING LETTER FOR ITA APPLICATION"

I just sent a short letter along the lines of the following:

To whom it may concern [I had no CO or name to address it to!]

I have enclosed all the relevant documents for my ITA no...... Then mentioned that I was about to leave my current job and address so should use my parents' as a contact address.

I have enclosed the following items:
  • a cheque for £685
  • application form
  • medical cert
  • certified copy of my degree certificate
  • etc etc

Then a couple of sentences on the best way to contact me followed by" please contact me if there is any information that you need that may speed up this application" [Probably made no difference but worth a try]
Maybe mention when you are planning on leaving if you have a job or a quick mention of your circumstances if not. You don't need to write an essay, just a short note really.

That was about all I wrote. Do I get karma then
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:33 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: "COVERING LETTER FOR ITA APPLICATION"

Originally Posted by Persephone
I just sent a short letter along the lines of the following:

To whom it may concern [I had no CO or name to address it to!]

I have enclosed all the relevant documents for my ITA no...... Then mentioned that I was about to leave my current job and address so should use my parents' as a contact address.

I have enclosed the following items:
  • a cheque for £685
  • application form
  • medical cert
  • certified copy of my degree certificate
  • etc etc

Then a couple of sentences on the best way to contact me followed by" please contact me if there is any information that you need that may speed up this application" [Probably made no difference but worth a try]
Maybe mention when you are planning on leaving if you have a job or a quick mention of your circumstances if not. You don't need to write an essay, just a short note really.

That was about all I wrote. Do I get karma then
Cheers for that, yep Karma I have just sent you!!!! Got summat to go on now, ta. Tina. I think I may send you another Karma jsut for being so quick & efficient!! LOL .x
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:36 am
appreciate life

Smile Re: "COVERING LETTER FOR ITA APPLICATION"

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Cheers for that, yep Karma I have just sent you!!!! Got summat to go on now, ta. Tina. I think I may send you another Karma jsut for being so quick & efficient!! LOL .x
I just found out that you cannot send karma twice for the same post but thank you soooo much. Will get cracking on it after I finish work tonight!
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:41 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Yes the message comes up that you have to spread yourself around a bit
Thanks anyway!!

You only need a brief note really. Just seen you have a job so you could add in a sentence about when you are due to start etc. Mine was only about 3/4 page long.

Good luck If you're anything like me I checked my ITA envelope and documents so many times just to check they were still all there that they were in danger of disintegrating
Old Aug 15th 2009, 12:17 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=willand tina_h;7845276]Call me thick if you wish, lol.
Its just we are going to london in 3 SLEEPS to hand in our ITA and yet we still have not done a covering letter!!
My brain is now dead, so please can any of you give us any hints of what we should be putting in it????
Im sure once I get going with it it will roll, however, just need a bit of push from you guys please, I will send karma to anyone that replies good information Go on, you know you want to help

Tina, Will,Josh and a very unhappy Harri (who by the way is still giving us hell about going)!!!! AARRGGHH,[/QUOTE

Good luck for 18th cant offer words of wisdom as I went family category route so just included list of what I had enclosed.

While at NZ house make sure you have a look around downstairs (near ladies loo) information room all about NZ, then pop into Kiwi fruits shop in arcade at back of NZ house & buy your son some pineapple lumps, may change his mind about going

Good luck anyway
Dewb x
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:17 pm
appreciate life

Thumbs up Re: "COVERING LETTER FOR ITA APPLICATION"

[QUOTE=Dewb09;7845426]
Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Call me thick if you wish, lol.

Tina, Will,Josh and a very unhappy Harri (who by the way is still giving us hell about going)!!!! AARRGGHH,[/QUOTE

Good luck for 18th cant offer words of wisdom as I went family category route so just included list of what I had enclosed.

While at NZ house make sure you have a look around downstairs (near ladies loo) information room all about NZ, then pop into Kiwi fruits shop in arcade at back of NZ house & buy your son some pineapple lumps, may change his mind about going

Good luck anyway
Dewb x
thanks for that dewbs, we have been up there b4, however, did not know about the shop in the arcade, will have to go look for it and get some, with a bit of luck they will have the powers to be that will make him change his mind having said that, he just listened to what I read and quoted " I aint going there" but I doubt he will turn down the sweets though 12 years olds eh????

We also already have managed to be given a co so fingers crossed that if they are going to pull me on my BMI it will be sooner rather than later have managed to loose 1/2 stone you guys, by god Iv never worked so hard for something in my life!!!!! 14 pounds to go and counting.
Tina.x
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:48 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on weight loss so far, sure the stress of it all will see the lbs fall off

Dewb x