Covering letter for ITA???

Old Jun 12th 2008, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Covering letter for ITA???

On the order of the forms to be submitted it says at the top to have a covering letter....what is this for and what should it contain? Is it basically a letter selling yourself to them,stating why they should let you have PR? Any help would be appreciated.

Phyllis

Last edited by weejie; Jun 12th 2008 at 7:30 pm. Reason: missed out a few words
Old Jun 12th 2008, 8:38 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covering letter for ITA???

Hi
I just wrote a small introduction, then listed the documents and items I had enclosed. After that I gave them phone numbers to contact me on and when as I will be moving around quite a bit in the next few weeks.
I didn't write in anything about why they should accept me or try and sell myself. Just wrote quite a dry letter that was to the point.

It must have been ok as I've just got an email asking me to arrange an interview. Only 8 days after they received it And no job offer. I'm just not used to NZIS being this speedy!!

Good luck
Sue
Old Jun 13th 2008, 8:13 am
rgb
Just Joined

rgb is an unknown quantity at this point

It went really quickly for us as well - less than 5 weeks from lodging (may 2) to decision (june 3), with 140 points and no job offer. Apparently there is no queue at the moment.

I was really surprised when they contacted me so soon to arrange the interview, and we got the decision by email just a few days later (still waiting for the passports back though).

I noted too that the cover letter was to appear first if included, but there was nothing indicating that one was necessary and I didn't include one.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

I am just about to submit my ITA and we copied what someone else had written on here, it was short to the point and just listed what was inclosed in the returning ITA and that's it.

Mind you I might change it a little and include phone numbers like the suggestion above.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all,will do a list of what I have enclosed and contact numbers and then fingers x'd once it's away.

Phyllis