Covering letter for ITA

Old Jun 7th 2005, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of
Default Covering letter for ITA

Hi Everyone,
Can anyone give me any pointers on what to include on the Covering letter to go with the application? Is it a good idea to tell them what your plans are or is it best to be vague?!
Thanks!
Markk
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

nessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nice
Default Re: Covering letter for ITA

Hi Markk

We included: A list of all the paperwork sent with the ITA; the research we have done on jobs, houses, culture, schools etc; our plans for settling in and lastly, some financial details to show that we could support ourselves (as we have no job offer as yet).

HTH
Old Jun 7th 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Markk
Hi Everyone,
Can anyone give me any pointers on what to include on the Covering letter to go with the application? Is it a good idea to tell them what your plans are or is it best to be vague?!
Thanks!
Markk
Hi Markk
we simply listed all of the enclosures and then detailed anything else that we had included and anything that was different to what they had asked for, with reasons.

We gave no other information although if there had been anything of relevance that we felt might have assisted in their decision making we would probably have included that as well.

The telephone interview covered what research we had undertaken, what our plans were and how we might support ourselves.

Hope this helps
Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:09 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,
Thanks!
Markk
Hey Markk, is it all ready to go now??? we've had to put our meds back until 15th July so will have to wait probably until end of July to submit now.....

Right then, back to your original question, covering letters - I have ours all ready to go (bit prem I know but I like to be organised!!!)
IMHO I thought it best to put as much additional info in as I could, a lot of which I know they cover in the interview, such as research done on housing, schools, employment, financial support available, personal support available (where's sunshine_and_rain lately!!!)the whole kit and caboodle, but I don't think it does any harm for them to see how much effort you've put in and how dedicated you are to the process.....

I say go for it mate and all the best.....
(I would also recommend giving the pack a big kiss for luck before sending it off it too!!!)
Caroline

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jun 7th 2005 at 10:13 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:22 pm
K9s
Forum Regular

K9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really niceK9s is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Hey Markk, is it all ready to go now??? we've had to put our meds back until 15th July so will have to wait probably until end of July to submit now.....

Right then, back to your original question, covering letters - I have ours all ready to go (bit prem I know but I like to be organised!!!)
IMHO I thought it best to put as much additional info in as I could, a lot of which I know they cover in the interview, such as research done on housing, schools, employment, financial support available, personal support available (where's sunshine_and_rain lately!!!)the whole kit and caboodle, but I don't think it does any harm for them to see how much effort you've put in and how dedicated you are to the process.....

(I would also recommend giving the pack a big kiss for luck before sending it off it too!!!)
Caroline

E.O.I submitted 24th May
selected 25th May
Decision Successful 8th June

Hopefully our I.T.A will be winging it's way to us soon
I have a job offer can anybody tell me will we have an interview or is that just for people without a job offer if so on the cover letter do I need to state about housing, finances etc

Cheers

K9s

Last edited by K9s; Jun 8th 2005 at 10:41 pm.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:27 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K9s
E.O.I submitted 24th May
selected 25th May
Decision Succesful 8th June

Hopefully our I.T.A will be winging it's way to us soon
I have a job offer can anybody tell me will we have an interview or is that just for people without a job offer if so on the cover letter do I need to state about housing, finances etc

Cheers

K9s
As far as I know, and I could be wrong, I think you are only subjected to an interview if you don't have a job offer.....congratulations on your successful decision btw
Old Jun 9th 2005, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Caroline
Hi Caroline, Nessie and Joshlin,
Thanks for the helpful advice! I would probably have written 'Dear So ans So, Here is our application! Yours sincerely The Markks'. I'd best get writing then!
We have all the documentation we can get, police clearances have arrived, medicals booked for the 8th July. Just need to lose a few pounds in the next 3 weeks now! I think in the mean time I'll start looking for work, it would be nice to avoid a searching interview!
Caroline, I PM'd Dave but have heard nothing back. Hope he's not had a disappointment?

Markk
Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:41 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the helpful advice! I would probably have written 'Dear So ans So, Here is our application! Yours sincerely The Markks'. I'd best get writing then!
We have all the documentation we can get, police clearances have arrived, medicals booked for the 8th July. Just need to lose a few pounds in the next 3 weeks now! I think in the mean time I'll start looking for work, it would be nice to avoid a searching interview!
Caroline, I PM'd Dave but have heard nothing back. Hope he's not had a disappointment?

Markk
Hi Markk - I really don't remember having to do a covering letter at all! They gave us PR anyway!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biddy
Hi Markk - I really don't remember having to do a covering letter at all! They gave us PR anyway!
Ahh, but did you mention chillies in the interview Biddy? That's probably what swayed it!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 3:11 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh, but did you mention chillies in the interview Biddy? That's probably what swayed it!
Ah ha! You found me out! A bribe of a few habaneros will always do the trick
Old Jun 9th 2005, 3:20 pm
Don't let me get me....

Markk
Don't worry about your covering letter Mark, it is just that - a covering letter - they are more interested in the goodies that come in the envelope with it than the actual content of the letter itself.....I'm only putting so much in our letter in the vain hope that they won't ask us too many questions at the interview!!!

Hitting that treadmill with abandon myself Mark!!! Got a week longer than you too until our meds...

I wonder what's happened to Dave then....I hope it wasn't bad news but even if it was I think he would probably have told us anyway... fingers crossed that he's just so busy he hasn't been able to keep us posted...wish him good luck for me if he does get back to you would you...thanks

Caroline
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,
Thanks!
Markk
Can I just allay fears about the phone interview - it is only for those without job offers and there are 2 possible outcomes - application approved in principle if they are satisfied that you will gain employment and settle without too many hiccups and work to residency if they have any doubts.

I found the interview really straight forward - why NZ, why now, what had we done about familiarising ourselves with nz, what had we done about gaining employment in nz, any barriers that we perceived, who was there to support us and that kind of thing.

The most off putting bit is they write down your answers so they don't really respond to your reply's so it feels a bit stilted. Lasted about 20 - 30 mins and they make a decision directly after the interview - although they didn't give us any indication which way. had letter about 4 days later.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Biddy
Ah ha! You found me out! A bribe of a few habaneros will always do the trick
Yum yum! I expect (hope) spicey food is readily available throughout New Zealand. If we can't get our fix I'm not sure how we'll cope!! :scared:
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Don't worry about your covering letter Mark, it is just that - a covering letter - they are more interested in the goodies that come in the envelope with it than the actual content of the letter itself.....I'm only putting so much in our letter in the vain hope that they won't ask us too many questions at the interview!!!

Hitting that treadmill with abandon myself Mark!!! Got a week longer than you too until our meds...

I wonder what's happened to Dave then....I hope it wasn't bad news but even if it was I think he would probably have told us anyway... fingers crossed that he's just so busy he hasn't been able to keep us posted...wish him good luck for me if he does get back to you would you...thanks

Caroline
It'll need more than a treadmill for me Caroline, any idea how to shift 2 stone in 4 weeks?!!!! I'm sure being a little over-weight won't make any difference. I'm more worried about how the kiddies will react to the blood test. When our eldest had blood taken when she was two it took about an hour to get it done (and we had to sit on her to do it!)
I'm like you really, don't want too many awkward questions in the interview. I really hate phone interviews because I hate the lack of visible feedback. Wonder if we can go to New Zealand House in person???
I'm sure Dave is just busy and he will re-appear in good time...
Oh, while we're talking about medicals, did you get form 1007 Medical and x-ray certificates in your ITA?
Mark
Old Jun 10th 2005, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Can I just allay fears about the phone interview - it is only for those without job offers and there are 2 possible outcomes - application approved in principle if they are satisfied that you will gain employment and settle without too many hiccups and work to residency if they have any doubts.

I found the interview really straight forward - why NZ, why now, what had we done about familiarising ourselves with nz, what had we done about gaining employment in nz, any barriers that we perceived, who was there to support us and that kind of thing.

The most off putting bit is they write down your answers so they don't really respond to your reply's so it feels a bit stilted. Lasted about 20 - 30 mins and they make a decision directly after the interview - although they didn't give us any indication which way. had letter about 4 days later.
Hi Joshlin,
Thanks for info about the interviews, makes me a little less apprehensive! Must admit, I'd rather have a personal interview any idea if that's an option?
Mark

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.