British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Costs help! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/costs-help-920874/)

LaurenStevo Jan 9th 2019 2:10 pm

Costs help!

Hi all!

SO I have sent my CV to a few employers in NZ and all seems to be going well however I'm trying to plan in advance what may be needed!

I am hoping to gain a skilled migrant visa based on a job offer as a Quantity Surveyor. I will then hope to get a visa on the back of that for my partner and 4 children.

I have been looking at the costs daily and can't get my head around what the totals would be?

ideally my potential employer will sort it all however I'm thinking worst case...

MrsFychan Jan 10th 2019 12:50 am

Re: Costs help!

Hi and welcome to BE.

when you say costs, what costs are you asking about?
also have you done the points calculator to see how points you are at before a job offer? https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ator-smc-28aug, if you get over the 160 you may not need a offer of work to get a visa

LaurenStevo Jan 10th 2019 9:02 pm

Thanks for your reply!
I mean the visa costs, so do we do an expression of interest for myself, partner and the 4 kids then have to do a skilled migrant for myself along with a partner visa and 4 children visas?
I can't seem to find all costs for this.

yes I have done the points and even with a job offer in the skilled shortage I seem to only get 170 points, without it's about 60?! Not sure if I'm doing that wrong but my job is based more on experience rather than a recognised qualification.

inkedneonurse Jan 11th 2019 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by LaurenStevo (Post 12619740)
Thanks for your reply!
I mean the visa costs, so do we do an expression of interest for myself, partner and the 4 kids then have to do a skilled migrant for myself along with a partner visa and 4 children visas?
I can't seem to find all costs for this.

yes I have done the points and even with a job offer in the skilled shortage I seem to only get 170 points, without it's about 60?! Not sure if I'm doing that wrong but my job is based more on experience rather than a recognised qualification.

without knowing all your information I couldn’t tell you if that point score is right, i would say however that the current point threshold means its nigh on impossible to resch the needed points without a job offer.

escapedtonz Jan 18th 2019 7:34 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 12619121)
also have you done the points calculator to see how points you are at before a job offer? https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...ator-smc-28aug, if you get over the 160 you may not need a offer of work to get a visa

Points alone don't cut it anymore - since 12 October 2016.
All principal applicants for Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa MUST have one of the following in addition to minimum 160 points or you will not be approved for the visa:-

(1) An NZ written skilled permanent job offer, OR
(2) A period of qualifying NZ study experience, OR
(3) A period of qualifying NZ skilled work experience.

Yes with at least 160 points you can still apply EOI with the guarantee that it will be selected from the pool at the next selection, BUT irrespective of the points the best you will get is a 12 month Job Search Visa for the Principal Applicant only. The SMC RV will be deferred until the Principal Applicant comes to NZ and gets a written skilled permanent (minimum 12 months) job offer. Does not allow anyone else on the application to travel until the job offer releases the deferred SMC RV application and it is approved.

escapedtonz Jan 18th 2019 7:50 am

Originally Posted by LaurenStevo (Post 12618724)
Hi all!

SO I have sent my CV to a few employers in NZ and all seems to be going well however I'm trying to plan in advance what may be needed!

I am hoping to gain a skilled migrant visa based on a job offer as a Quantity Surveyor. I will then hope to get a visa on the back of that for my partner and 4 children.

I have been looking at the costs daily and can't get my head around what the totals would be?

ideally my potential employer will sort it all however I'm thinking worst case...

There are only two fees for Immigration NZ now for the Skilled Migrant Category Resident Visa. There's the EOI fee and there's the ITA fee. There are no final levy fees anymore as the ITA fee now includes it. The fees cover all persons on the application.
Online EOI NZ $530
Associated ITA NZ $3310

In addition to the Immigration NZ fees you will have to pay for other fees related to your evidences and documentation to support your EOI points claim.......
If any qualifications need assessment you will need to pay for NZQA assessment fees. IQA is around NZ $760 per person.
If you need any professional registration plus their individual assessments of qualifications and/or experience you will have to pay them directly to the tune of approx NZ $600 - NZ $1000 then an annual subscription.
e.g if you were a doctor you'd have to pay for NZ Medical Council registration and assessment fees. If you were an electrician you'd have to register with the EWRB and pay for their assessment and licensing etc.
Proof you meet the minimum English Language Requirement....you may have to pay for the English IELTS test - £440 per test ?
Medicals and x-rays per person £450 each ish.
Police reports per person $150 each ish.
Return document courier fees between you and Immigration NZ - NZ $200 in total maybe.