copy of work reference

Old Jun 2nd 2015, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Mohad21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default copy of work reference

Does INZ accept a copy of work reference??

I asked my previous supervisor to issue for me a certificate and he sent it to me by email. Is that ok??
I am asking this because we both reside in different countries and he cannot send it to me by dhl or any other courier.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 7:13 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: copy of work reference

you would need to have it on headed paper and I believe they would have to be originals and physically signed.

"Work experience
The evidence you provide to prove your work experience claims will be things like references on company letterhead, pay slips, job specifications, tax records, letters of appointment, and contracts"

Why can he not send it you via post?
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 8:26 am
Just Joined

I just wanted to know if it is necessary before i request from him to do so.
i assumed that because the reference letter i ask for is from my previous supervisor which he is not in the same company. I am not able to reach the old employer so i requested from my old supervisor to send me copies of his work reference as a supervisor and a work reference of me.
it is kind a complicated situation but i hope inz consider these documents.
All what i want from that employer is no more than 3 months to get my 6 years of experience....
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 8:28 am
Just Joined

I think i cannot ask him to send me his work experience letter as it belongs to him. But i needed to prove my employment as he was the supervisor during my period.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 8:42 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you need to get a reference from the Company, the fact that he no longer works there will not provide you with a reference on company headed paper which is what INZ is asking for, you need to contact the Company for a reference. They will give details of your job description, length of service and possible salary gained. You do not need to give a reference as if you are going for a job but one that backs up your claims of working for them
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 8:51 am
Just Joined

What if i cannot reach my old employer? I tried by phone, email and every possible way but it seems something goes wrong and cannot be reached. Physically cannot reach them because i am in a different country. I thought if i got a work reference from my old team leader along with his work experience letter headed and signed from the old employer, i thought it would be enough.
any other solutions i can prove my employment? I don't have anything else like payslips or contract or anyother document
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 12:21 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

All you can do then is send in what you can get and hope that's acceptable. Also write an explanation of why you have not got proof and what you have done to try and get proof, I don't know whether it will be enough. Maybe contact NZIS and ask them??

I do agree with MrsF that it should be your previous company that sends in the reference as they were the ones that employed you, your supervisor was not your employer.

Does the company still exist?
Only other thing I can think of is whether you can get records of tax payment to prove you worked there, not sure whether that is viable but may be your only option
Old Jun 3rd 2015, 11:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks all for your response, the company still exist but the focal point is ignoring my phone calls and emails.

I don' t have the tax document but what i will do is to send whatever i can get and attach a note to detail my difficulties getting the needed documents.

Hope they respond positively and sure i am not going to blaim them if not.