Continued residency.

Old Jan 19th 2010, 1:52 pm
Arrowotwn - Central Otago

petsar68 will become famous soon enoughpetsar68 will become famous soon enough
Default Continued residency.

Hi - we have been living in NZ for 4 years and have permanent residency however i now work overseas that means i only get home for about 75 days per year. Friends have advised me that if i spend less than 90 days in NZ annually i will loose my residency

Is that correct as my wife and kids remain in NZ and i am a tax payer ??

Thanks
Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:42 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Continued residency.

If you have been in NZ for 4 years, why haven't you got an indefinite returning resident visa?

You may need to think about how your eligibility for NZ citizenship will be impacted.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:06 am
Arrowotwn - Central Otago

petsar68 will become famous soon enoughpetsar68 will become famous soon enough

Yes we do have indefinate returning residents visa's which as the name suggests would lead me to believe this 90 day rule is incorrect but it would be nice to know for certain.

Citizenship would be affected although their website does say that allowances can be made for individual cases.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know, indefinite means just that - indefinite, provided laws don't change.

Don't take immigration advice from friends. Use http://www.immigration.govt.nz or ask an immigration lawyer for advice (and pay).

For citizenship, read the requirements at http://www.citizenship.govt.nz

If you are only in NZ 75 days a year, you will probably become ineligible. Did you arrive as a permanent resident and did you apply for PR before 21 April 2005?

Your wife should probably apply separately, once she is eligible, and include the children in her application.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Hi JAJ,

Can you answer one question for me....

We have been here over 2 years now as permanent residences and want to apply for a IRRV how much are the cost of this each person please as i cant find the answer on the immigration NZ site.

Many Thanks
Helen
Old Jan 24th 2010, 7:56 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hjmilligan
Hi JAJ,

Can you answer one question for me....

We have been here over 2 years now as permanent residences and want to apply for a IRRV how much are the cost of this each person please as i cant find the answer on the immigration NZ site.

Many Thanks
Helen
Hi Helen,

Pretty sure it's $140 per person.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you xx