British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Contacting CO (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/contacting-co-725877/)

ajhampshire Jul 22nd 2011 2:07 am

Contacting CO

Hi Guys,

Around a month ago I received an email off my CO telling me that my case is being handled. I also had to send in a different type of Birth cert for my application.

After a number of emails to my CO (to make sure my doc were received) I have had no reply. Before I start calling does anyone know the timeframe involved with being allocated a CO untill they start contacting you with informtion needed or other information.

Cheers;)

Aj

Persephone Jul 22nd 2011 11:37 am

Re: Contacting CO

Hmmm, I found that they were not good at replying to emails. Do you have your CO's number then or just the general number? I found that my CO never answered the phone and didnt respond to left messages either. Though you may be lucky:)

I think they contact you if they need anything otherwise you just have to be patient and wait. It is very frustrating when you get no replies: I know, I've been there:frown: That was a small part of the problem I had with them when I applied and I included it in my complaint letter, not that I expected things to change...

BEVS Jul 22nd 2011 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by ajhampshire (Post 9510891)
Hi Guys,

Around a month ago I received an email off my CO telling me that my case is being handled. I also had to send in a different type of Birth cert for my application.

After a number of emails to my CO (to make sure my doc were received) I have had no reply. Before I start calling does anyone know the timeframe involved with being allocated a CO until they start contacting you with information needed or other information.

Cheers;)

Aj

Is this for a Skilled Migrant EOI to ITA application?What does the online status read ?
It may well be that your case officer may not contact you again unless it is to send you an Invitation to Apply letter or to request more info if they feel they need it.

Patience for now and don't get Immigration Finger Syndrome. :eek:

ajhampshire Jul 22nd 2011 11:20 pm

It is for my Skilled migrant ITA

ITA was submitted June 8th

A mutual freind who happens to be an immigration lawyer told me my case was relatively easy, over 200 points and skilled employment for over two years in NZ.... I already have IFS... it sucks.

I guess the main question is, how long do ITA's lodged sit there doing nothing before they are stumbled accross by the Case officer. Or is it the case that once you have a case officer they are working on it?

Cheers

Aj;)

BEVS Jul 23rd 2011 6:34 am

A mutual freind who happens to be an immigration lawyer
Best thing is to ask this person then.

I already have IFS
No idea what this means

ITA was submitted June 8th
ITA's are not stumbled upon. An ITA will have a case officer attached and you will have that name with the letter you received . Contact them.