Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

IT Consultants - Future Growth or Absolute Shortage

IT Consultants - Future Growth or Absolute Shortage

Old Mar 28th 2009, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Kari and Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Consultants - Future Growth or Absolute Shortage

Hi,

Been reading soo many posts on immigration consultants and had the quotes and the contracts! Ouch. So I am taking the plunge and going to do it myself. Here is my first question.

I am in IT have been since 1999.

Do I come under Future Growth or Absolute Shortage?

Thanks so much.

Kari
Old Mar 29th 2009, 8:29 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT Consultants - Future Growth or Absolute Shortage

Hi
It looks as if you come under the long term skills shortage list aka absolute shortage.

This is from the NZIS website:

Search results for Long Term Skill Shortage List
Effective 2 March 2009.

Note 1: Where work experience is included as a requirement it applies to all qualifications listed for the occupation (unless otherwise indicated).

Note 2: Qualifications held by applicants under the now-closed Job Search Policy must qualify for 10 points under the General Skills Category. Qualifications held by applicants claiming points based on this list under the Skilled Migrant Category policy must be recognised under Skilled Migrant Category policy
You are viewing results 1 to 1 of 1

Occupational Groups
Information Technology (IT) Professionals

Occupation - Occupations are listed by ANZSCO (Australian New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations) code

ICT Professionals (261111 to 263312), ICT Customer Support Officer (Technical advice and Consultancy) (313112), Organisation and Methods Analyst (224712), ICT Project Manager (135112)

Long Term Skill Shortage List Requirements - Qualifications must be comparable to the standard of the New Zealand qualification listed. Also see Note 1 at the end of this list

Degree-level (Level 7) qualification majoring in computer science, information science or information technology AND three years of relevant work experience

In order to claim bonus points for qualifications in an area of absolute skill shortage under the Skilled Migrant Category or the General Skills Category, applicants must meet the following specificat

Degree-level qualification (Level 7) majoring in computer science, information science or information technology

If you can prove the above then you come under LTSSL. I'm not sure about the Future growth stipulations though I think you may need to be working in NZ or have a job offer. Hoping someone else can answer you there.

Hope this helps! By the way the whole process is fairly easy and certainly not worth paying an immigration consultant for Just ask on here

Sue