confusion

Old May 6th 2012, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

benndeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default confusion

Hello everyone
Im a kiwi and Ive been married a brit for 12 years We have decided to move over to NZ with the kids. The kids will get citizen by decent, however Im not sure what route to go down with my wife. I think its the partner/family catagory but Im confused and seem to be going round in circles and just need some plain english on this one. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Ben
Old May 7th 2012, 11:05 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: confusion

Your wife needs to apply for residency under the family partnership category. You will need to prove how long you have lived together.

Form here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd.../0/INZ1000.pdf

Your time together may mean that your wife is eligible for a Permanent Resident Visa straight away. Generally residence applications are granted residency with 2year travel conditions which mean that they have to spend a certain amount of time in NZ to gain PR. PR just means you can spend as long as you want outside NZ and still return as a resident - less red tape to worry about [I've tried to simplify it...but this is NZIS!]
F2.5.1 Eligibility for a permanent resident visa for partners of New Zealand citizens living overseas

a. A principal applicant may be granted a permanent resident visa (RA1.5) if:
i they meet all the other criteria for a residence class visa under the Partnership Category; and

ii they have a New Zealand citizen partner who has been residing outside New Zealand for a period of at least five years at the time the application is made; and

iii the couple have been living together in a genuine and stable relationship for at least five years at the time the application is made.

b. To meet the requirements of a(ii) above, the New Zealand citizen partner must either be
i outside New Zealand at the time the application is made; or
ii have been in New Zealand for less than three months after residing outside New Zealand for at least five years at the time the application is made.
Old May 7th 2012, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone know if I can get "Citizen by Decent" whilst in the UK as it seems that you can only in NZ ie citizenship cerimony
Old May 7th 2012, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Thats what Ive read Persophone but does that mean that I dont have to fill in INZ1000 just INZ1178 as INZ1000 seems to require you residing in NZ
Old May 8th 2012, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

We did citizenship by descent in Uk for our son, just needed to fill in form and send to NZ house in london, took about a week or so and got certificate back, just need number then for passport applications. Was about £90...

Here is a link to page with more info - click the london link

http://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.ns...enDocument#one

p.s. is that a springer i spy for the trip too
Old May 8th 2012, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for the info and yes hes coming along as is our Jack russell. Just need to find somewhere to sell my kidney or anything else that I have 2 of to help pay for their export lol
Old May 9th 2012, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by benndeb
Cheers for the info and yes hes coming along as is our Jack russell. Just need to find somewhere to sell my kidney or anything else that I have 2 of to help pay for their export lol
Good luck with that one... springers seem few and far between here especially working strain... recommend golden arrow for the pooches, outstanding at what they do and really go the extra mile (and even better they are spaniel fans too )
Old May 9th 2012, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

I love Spaniels (working) and would have more. lucky I didnt because its going to cost a small fortune as it is however maybe a Cocker when we are settled.
Old May 10th 2012, 1:51 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benndeb
Thats what Ive read Persophone but does that mean that I dont have to fill in INZ1000 just INZ1178 as INZ1000 seems to require you residing in NZ
Just had a look at INZ1000, I can't see anything about having to be resident in NZ at all. It looks like you have to fill out both INZ1000 [residence application] and INZ1178 [partnership support form].