Confused Visitors Visa to Work Permit

Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Confused Visitors Visa to Work Permit

Thought i had my head round it! Come out on a visitors visa, get job offer, resubmit EOI get selected from pool, receive ITA, get permits, start new life properly. At the moment i have job offer and have EOI selected from pool, the problem lies with the fact that the employer want's me to start work on the 18th Oct. Couldn't see that immigration would move that quickly, so i popped into the welly immigration office today at last knockings. I explained the situation and the lady said fill in this form NZIS 1015 (Application to work in New Zealand) and get employer to fill in NZIS 1113 (Employer Supplementary Form) with covering letter explaining why the were recruiting a non kiwi and why they needed you to start so quickly. Having difficulty fathoming out form and whether i need to send in the medicals with it togther with everything else (police checks, cert's, passport etc) as i expect they'll want that when i do receive the ITA - would the too application's marry up to one another. Anyone else been though a similar process or how did your visitors visa to work permit application go? Any advice greatly appreciated. If nothing else am i making sense? Can i also get my son to start school without paying international fee's

Last edited by simonmarkellis; Oct 1st 2007 at 6:32 am. Reason: additions
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:07 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused Visitors Visa to Work Permit

I answered you elsewhere.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
I answered you elsewhere.
Thankyou darling...
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:52 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Thankyou darling...
Ooooh Simon called me "darling"
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:51 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Thought i had my head round it! Come out on a visitors visa, get job offer, resubmit EOI get selected from pool, receive ITA, get permits, start new life properly. At the moment i have job offer and have EOI selected from pool, the problem lies with the fact that the employer want's me to start work on the 18th Oct. Couldn't see that immigration would move that quickly, so i popped into the welly immigration office today at last knockings. I explained the situation and the lady said fill in this form NZIS 1015 (Application to work in New Zealand) and get employer to fill in NZIS 1113 (Employer Supplementary Form) with covering letter explaining why the were recruiting a non kiwi and why they needed you to start so quickly. Having difficulty fathoming out form and whether i need to send in the medicals with it togther with everything else (police checks, cert's, passport etc) as i expect they'll want that when i do receive the ITA - would the too application's marry up to one another. Anyone else been though a similar process or how did your visitors visa to work permit application go? Any advice greatly appreciated. If nothing else am i making sense? Can i also get my son to start school without paying international fee's

Hi Simon

If you need any further help, try getting hold of Michelle aka Michell&Carl!

They came out under very similar circumstances.

Good Luck, hope you get sorted quickly
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Hi Simon

If you need any further help, try getting hold of Michelle aka Michell&Carl!

They came out under very similar circumstances.

Good Luck, hope you get sorted quickly
Cheers... i've actually just got some very sound advice from Dave-G who also came here like myself, and it does look like i'm going down the right track. Time will tell...
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:20 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure you have already been told this but, apply for a permit of less than one year, no checks needed. (unless you spent along time in asia like me then have a nice picture of your chest taken!) Helps if you have an employer that will chase up the application as in Christchurch when I applied they were quoting up to 2 months to process unless you are on the skill shortage list. Got mine through in just over a week.

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 9:39 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dustybin
Helps if you have an employer that will chase up the application as in Christchurch when I applied they were quoting up to 2 months to process unless you are on the skill shortage list. Got mine through in just over a week.

Christchurch office of NZIS does that a lot. They tell you something is going to take yonks and then ring you up the next day to tell you, 'everything is done.' They have the whole under-promise over-deliver theme down pat. Good on 'em.

Old Oct 4th 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

malcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond reputemalcoltom has a reputation beyond repute

This is the sort of advice i have been looking for.
Retiring from the Police next year with no real civilian skills. Could get job offer in fraud investigation but only if i can get myself out there. Is this the way to go for me? Visitors visa for 12 months and get a job offer then apply? Its all over my head.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 6:29 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by malcoltom
This is the sort of advice i have been looking for.
Retiring from the Police next year with no real civilian skills. Could get job offer in fraud investigation but only if i can get myself out there. Is this the way to go for me? Visitors visa for 12 months and get a job offer then apply? Its all over my head.
Well, you will given a visitor's permit for six months on arrival. Nothing to stop you from looking for work, but remember you cannot legally work until you have a work permit, work-to-residency permit or permanent resident sticker. If you do get a job offer make sure that the employer has previous approval to hire foreigners or can demonstrate to NZIS that no suitable local Kiwis could be found.
If the job offer is for twelve months or less you won't need police clearances or medicals, but if you decide to extend the permit or apply for permanent residence you'll need the cop clearances as well as the medicals.

Good luck.