British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Confused over residency/work visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/confused-over-residency-work-visa-925751/)

Clairemidwife Jun 14th 2019 8:39 am

Confused over residency/work visa

hi. Looking for advice please.

i have my professional registration and a job offer for 64 hrs a fortnight. I originally had a start date of Oct but have pushed this back to January 2020. I have 200 points. My question is how do I know which visa to choose ie essential skills or talent?

Many thanks

inkedneonurse Jun 14th 2019 8:26 pm

Re: Confused over residency/work visa

Originally Posted by Clairemidwife (Post 12697972)

i have my professional registration and a job offer for 64 hrs a fortnight. I originally had a start date of Oct but have pushed this back to January 2020. I have 200 points. My question is how do I know which visa to choose ie essential skills or talent?

Many thanks

this depends, i went for full residency and whilst that was working in the background i cane over on a talent (accredited employer) are you plannin this as a permanent move as the costs vary greatly

Clairemidwife Jun 14th 2019 9:46 pm

Yes planning of this hopefully being a forever move.

Clairemidwife Jun 14th 2019 9:47 pm

Yes hopefully forever.

inkedneonurse Jun 14th 2019 9:54 pm

Personally i’d fo for residency straight out of the gate bit it is rather pricey and if the time is running out come over on a talent visa which gives you two years. But thats me there maybe others with different opinions on here

MrsFychan Jun 15th 2019 9:47 pm

You would need to check salary against hours as the skill level class is based on a 40 week.

inkedneonurse Jun 15th 2019 9:53 pm

Visa rules are job offer has to be above 30hrs/week to count as full time. Im guessing it would be as a midwife judging by the name so what salary band would you be coming in on

Clairemidwife Jun 16th 2019 7:39 am

Step 6 and yes I’m a midwife. X

inkedneonurse Jun 16th 2019 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Clairemidwife (Post 12698741)

you will meet the salary requirements then

Clairemidwife Jun 16th 2019 9:20 am

Thank you.

Gill and Rob Jun 19th 2019 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Clairemidwife (Post 12698741)

Just be careful around the Step 6, as the rule is you have to have been on step 5 for 12 months to move up to step 6.
Check that one.

Cheers
Gill

inkedneonurse Jun 19th 2019 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob (Post 12700076)
Just be careful around the Step 6, as the rule is you have to have been on step 5 for 12 months to move up to step 6.
Check that one.

Cheers
Gill

i think thats was only a rule for us already on step 5, far as i’m aware if the DHB offer you at step 6 your all good

Clairemidwife Jun 19th 2019 6:09 pm

If the step 6 is on my letter offer it will stand won't it??!!?

inkedneonurse Jun 19th 2019 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Clairemidwife (Post 12700375)
If the step 6 is on my letter offer it will stand won't it??!!?

ye it will

BEVS Jun 25th 2019 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Clairemidwife (Post 12697972)

Many thanks

I am late to this.

Neither essential or talent. Both are a form of temp work visa.

With your time frame for a job start I would suggest you go straight for residency under the skilled migrant route. Bang in the application now.