Confused over residency/work visa

Old Jun 14th 2019, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Clairemidwife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused over residency/work visa

hi. Looking for advice please.

i have my professional registration and a job offer for 64 hrs a fortnight. I originally had a start date of Oct but have pushed this back to January 2020. I have 200 points. My question is how do I know which visa to choose ie essential skills or talent?

Many thanks

Last edited by Clairemidwife; Jun 14th 2019 at 9:55 am.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused over residency/work visa

Originally Posted by Clairemidwife

i have my professional registration and a job offer for 64 hrs a fortnight. I originally had a start date of Oct but have pushed this back to January 2020. I have 200 points. My question is how do I know which visa to choose ie essential skills or talent?

Many thanks

this depends, i went for full residency and whilst that was working in the background i cane over on a talent (accredited employer) are you plannin this as a permanent move as the costs vary greatly
Old Jun 14th 2019, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Yes planning of this hopefully being a forever move.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Yes hopefully forever.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Personally i’d fo for residency straight out of the gate bit it is rather pricey and if the time is running out come over on a talent visa which gives you two years. But thats me there maybe others with different opinions on here
Old Jun 15th 2019, 9:47 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

You would need to check salary against hours as the skill level class is based on a 40 week.
Old Jun 15th 2019, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Visa rules are job offer has to be above 30hrs/week to count as full time. Im guessing it would be as a midwife judging by the name so what salary band would you be coming in on
Old Jun 16th 2019, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Step 6 and yes I’m a midwife. X
Old Jun 16th 2019, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

you will meet the salary requirements then
Old Jun 16th 2019, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Thank you.
Old Jun 19th 2019, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Just be careful around the Step 6, as the rule is you have to have been on step 5 for 12 months to move up to step 6.
Check that one.

Cheers
Gill
Old Jun 19th 2019, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Just be careful around the Step 6, as the rule is you have to have been on step 5 for 12 months to move up to step 6.
Check that one.

Cheers
Gill
i think thats was only a rule for us already on step 5, far as i’m aware if the DHB offer you at step 6 your all good
Old Jun 19th 2019, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

If the step 6 is on my letter offer it will stand won't it??!!?
Old Jun 19th 2019, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

If the step 6 is on my letter offer it will stand won't it??!!?

ye it will
Old Jun 25th 2019, 1:40 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Many thanks
I am late to this.

Neither essential or talent. Both are a form of temp work visa.

With your time frame for a job start I would suggest you go straight for residency under the skilled migrant route. Bang in the application now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.