Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Confused - Do I need qualifications for WTR or Work Permit?

Confused - Do I need qualifications for WTR or Work Permit?

Old Nov 27th 2007, 12:00 am
Just Joined

apd23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confused - Do I need qualifications for WTR or Work Permit?

Hi there everyone,

We are first time posters but have been on the site plenty of times before and love it.

My partner and I are considering migrating to New Zealand. I am a Spray Painter with 17 years of experience, but no qualifications. However, I have spoken with a couple of New Zealand firms who are interested in sponsoring me in.

What I want to know is will having no qualifications affect my eligibility? I understand that if an employer gets accredited and pays me 50,000 NZ I can get a work to residence visa., but again am confused as to whether or not I need qualifications to get this or if work experience alone will suffice.

Has anyone else been in this situation recently and can provide guidance?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 29th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Confused - Do I need qualifications for WTR or Work Permit?

Im going to go the wtr visa route too mate. As far as im aware as long as the company is a recognised company, you stay with them for two years and they pay you $50k min then you donot need quals. I think it may have gone down to $45k now, tho im not sure. After the two years you apply for perm res, you should automatically get it as you have done the above. Im not sure how the work permit works tbh, ive not looked at that, tho its probably an easier way.
Good luck mate.

Last edited by Wessa; Nov 29th 2007 at 12:32 pm.