Confused about questions on EOI form

Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

need2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant future
Default Confused about questions on EOI form

we are just starting to complete the form and already find it confusing!
firstly for the min standard of English bit, being English and as its our first language do we just put "other" when filling in the question about whether we've taken the English assessment? Have I missed a question here?

secondly, for the bit about recognised qualifications, my OH has C & G qualifications in catering which I think is recognised by NZ but how do I find the answers to complete section F4a and F5a, where do I find the reference no. that we need to complete the form?

sorry folks, lots of confusion and we're only just beginning
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Suicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to all
Default Re: Confused about questions on EOI form

Hiya

Firstly the english language question, I just put that english was my first language

And, as far as the recognised qualifications go, the only thing that I can suggest is to go through the points indicator on the immigration website and then look up the relevant info! Sorry if that sound confusing !

I hope that this helps, and if I'm wrong someone will let you know!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Suicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to allSuicide Sheep is a name known to all

If you or OH have not personally had you qualifications checked by NZQA,
You answer F4a No.
Then there is no answer for F5a

If your qualification is on the "List of Recognized Qualifications" you still score the points
http://www.immigration.govt.nz/nzis/...anual/7960.htm
Hope this helps
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by need2no View Post

we are just starting to complete the form and already find it confusing!
firstly for the min standard of English bit, being English and as its our first language do we just put "other" when filling in the question about whether we've taken the English assessment? Have I missed a question here?

secondly, for the bit about recognised qualifications, my OH has C & G qualifications in catering which I think is recognised by NZ but how do I find the answers to complete section F4a and F5a, where do I find the reference no. that we need to complete the form?

sorry folks, lots of confusion and we're only just beginning
If your OH has C & G qualifications he has to get them assesed. You can get the cheaper pre assesment to start with. There looking for where he took the exams and that he completed at least two years study to obtain them. I just got my C & G assesed no problem. Good Luck
Carole
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

need2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant futureneed2no has a brilliant future

having double checked the NZ gov website, I am reading the following as that we DON'T have to get qualifications assessed, but am I right in thinking this?

Trade Qualifications
The City and Guilds Part One and Part Two Certificates named below, together with evidence of a completed apprenticeship registered with a recognised industry body, are assessed as occupying Level 3 of the Register and will therefore qualify for 50 points.
Other Trade qualifications not listed below require assessment by the NZQA.
• Aeronautical Engineering Craft Studies
• Agricultural Mechanics
• Bakery
• Brickwork
• Carpentry and Joinery
Cooking for the Catering Industry

i've marked in bold the relevant certificates, so have we read this wrong?
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Going by the paragraph that you have pasted in, I think that you are correct in your assumptions but, if we are both wrong I am sure that somebody will correct us!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Twig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really niceTwig is just really nice

Originally Posted by need2no View Post
having double checked the NZ gov website, I am reading the following as that we DON'T have to get qualifications assessed, but am I right in thinking this?

Trade Qualifications
The City and Guilds Part One and Part Two Certificates named below, together with evidence of a completed apprenticeship registered with a recognised industry body, are assessed as occupying Level 3 of the Register and will therefore qualify for 50 points.
Other Trade qualifications not listed below require assessment by the NZQA.
• Aeronautical Engineering Craft Studies
• Agricultural Mechanics
• Bakery
• Brickwork
• Carpentry and Joinery
Cooking for the Catering Industry

i've marked in bold the relevant certificates, so have we read this wrong?
I know it's on the NZIS website somewhere, but I think you only need to get a full NZQA assessment done if you are claiming points under the Long Term Skills Shortage List (even if your qualfications are listed as above).
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:15 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I filled all my forms out with the info gleamed from the NZIS website for recognized qualifications. My EOI was selected straight away, based on points but was pulled up with unrecognized qualifications. This wasn't a problem as I simply sent all qualification details to NZQA, online, paid the $150 and passed the qualifications with a higher rating than shows on the NZIS list. The only prob. with this is you need a full assessment for the ITA, should you reach that point. There is, at present, a wait of some 3 months for a full assessment and we were only allowed 4 weeks to get the EOI quals checked.

Basically, the more info the NZIS have to get from you, the longer the application takes. Check the NZIS website for the London Embassy, as this gives a little more info than the NZ based site.

Best of Luck!!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Amber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really niceAmber and Chris is just really nice

You could always phone:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ion/contactus/

They are extremely helpful and when I was having trouble filling in the form, they went into my form online and helped me with it! You rarely have to wait very long it seems - maybe 5 mins.