confused

Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

mgxslg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default confused

Hi I am new to the site, we are seriously thinking about moving to NZ as soon as possible. I am a childminder and my husband is in the printing industry, we have 3 kids ages 11, 9, 7. we are really confused as to whether to try and do it diy or to go with an agent we were thinking about 4 corners in cheadle, I am just after some advice as to other peoples experiences and whether to try diy or go with the agent. Any advice much appreciated as really want to go. We have already been told by 4 corners that we are eligable to go
Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: confused

Originally Posted by mgxslg View Post
Hi I am new to the site, we are seriously thinking about moving to NZ as soon as possible. I am a childminder and my husband is in the printing industry, we have 3 kids ages 11, 9, 7. we are really confused as to whether to try and do it diy or to go with an agent we were thinking about 4 corners in cheadle, I am just after some advice as to other peoples experiences and whether to try diy or go with the agent. Any advice much appreciated as really want to go. We have already been told by 4 corners that we are eligable to go
My siuggestion is to look on the NZIS website and start from there. Unless you have a particularly complicated case i dont think an agent adds much value. if you qualify you can do it yourself, if you dont qualify an agent is not going to make a difference.

just do lots of research yourself..
Old Jan 13th 2009, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply, we have got alot of re-search to do i think will we will probably go down the diy route. Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2009, 11:48 pm
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

I second that. To be honest, doing it yourself isn't that complicated, particularly if yours is a straightforward case. Personally, I dont think agents add a lot of value, and from what ive heard, cost a fair amount of money
Old Jan 14th 2009, 5:12 am
Banned

Scouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really niceScouse Dave is just really nice

Thirded - the immigration process isn't so difficult and, as has been said, these agents charge a lot.

BTW - if you're a child-minder, your services will be very much in demand in Auckland. Have a look at http://porse.co.nz/home/index.htm - they may even be able to offer you advice on the immigration process.

Good luck!
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

We did it ourselves and it wasn't too bad at all, and once we got a Case Officer (CO) he was so helpful and easy to email with questions.

You just have to be organised and have a check list of things to do and in what order, the hardest bit is gathering info on qualifications and copying everything and getting it certified - and even that wasn't that bad.

Good luck and ask loads of questions on here, we don't mind.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice evrybody, I think we will go down the DIY route. Sarah