Confuse about NZQA results

Old Feb 18th 2013, 5:18 am
Just Joined

arunaxp is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Confuse about NZQA results

Hi All

My wife request Pre-assessment from NZQA for her BCS(PGD) qualification.
They response as bellow. I so confused about their response.During Pre-assessment process they didn't ask for evidence to provide. Please advice me what are the necessary steps that I should take.At this moment I have 120 point with out partner points.

Regards
Aruna

The Pre-assessment Result (PAR) for your nominated qualification, Professional Graduate Diploma awarded in 2009 by British Computer Society, Swindon, United Kingdom.

Pre-assessment Result:

The New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) has not been able to establish the accreditation status of the body/institution that awarded the qualification you have applied to have pre-assessed.

On the evidence available, therefore, the NZQA is unable to assess this qualification as comparable to any level of learning outcome as defined in the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.

If you apply for an International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) including all of the documentation required it may be possible to assess this qualification. However, based on information held by NZQA from previous assessments it is unlikely that accreditation requirements for this qualification will be met.

Conditions:

This PAR is not binding on other agencies or organisations and has been prepared for immigration purposes only.

Immigration related queries should be directed to Immigration New Zealand National Contact Centre:
Phone: +64(0)9 914 4100
or toll free within New Zealand 0508 558 855

For more information regarding the level given to your qualification, please visit :
http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/studying-in-...f/nzqf-levels/

This PAR has been made on the information supplied by you, or your agent. No documents have been sighted, and no accreditation or verification obtained by the NZQA during this pre-assessment process. If you, or your agent, have not provided all the necessary information, your Pre-assessment Result will be inaccurate.

The PAR is current for immigration purposes for one year from the date of issue. There is no appeal process. NZQA will not enter into any correspondence regarding the PAR.

If you want your qualifications assessed fully and to receive an IQA, you will need to submit all documentation to NZQA. This PAR is only preliminary and automatically becomes null and void once a full IQA report has been issued by NZQA.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 8:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Confuse about NZQA results

The PAR is a very basic check. NZQA match off what is sent with known standards etc.

In this case the NZQA were unable to do a check as they had nothing to match against.

So. You will need to pay for a full NZQA assessment. WIth that you send EVERYTHING you have about the qualification so NZQA can look through it all and decide what NZ level it matches.
Old Feb 28th 2013, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Engel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really nice

I paid the extra for a fast turn around and had my results in 12 working days. Make sure you have everything and respond to their emails asap.
I forgot to make certified copies for another agency and the NZQA copied, certified and forwarded them for me with my report to Teaching Council. However, the Teaching Council took 5 weeks to even open the report. All done now and I have my creds and registration.
Old Apr 1st 2013, 11:05 am
Just Joined

fahadali is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also confuse about my NZQA result.

I am an electrical engineer from pakistan having B.E in electrical , MEngg Electrcal Power System (part time) and MSc ( Power Engineering ( full time).

My international qualification assesment outcome mentions

B.E electrical is equivalent to level 7 of Bachelor of Engineering and Technology

MEngg is equivalent to Masters degree level 9
Msc equivalent to Masters degree level 9.

When I consulted an immigration consultatnt to proceed with EOI. He advised me that my degrees are wrongly assesed as Bachelor of Engineering is not same to Bachelor of Engineering & Technology and Masters degree level 9 is not same as Master of Engineering level9. Following this result I can not claim 60 points for my qualification (level 9) and 10 bonus points for the qualification in area of abosultue shortage as it is not recognised as engineering qualification of level 9 .

He advised me to get it re-assesed and results shopuld be Bachelor of engineering level 8 with masters of enginerring level 9.

I am bit confused now and would appreciate your opinion.

Regards,
Old Apr 1st 2013, 3:05 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Your qualifications need to fit into the needs of the LTSSL for you to gain bonus points for a qualification or work experience in an area of absolute skills shortage. Have a look here: Skills shortage

So they need to be assessed as comparable to one of those on the list.

Also Pakistan is not classed as a comparable labour market so if you are claiming points for any work experience then then the following applies"
If you do not have a skilled job or job offer in New Zealand, any work experience you claim points for must have been in a comparable labour market.

We may award points for work experience in countries that are not 'comparable labour markets', but only if you were working:
for a multinational commercial entity domiciled in one of these listed countries, or
in an area of absolute skill shortage.
So if you do not have a job offer and you were not working for a multinational company then the only way you can claim any points for work experience [assuming you are] is if your job is in an area of skills shortage. Hence the need for the NZQA assessment to match. It seems that this is what your advisor means.
Was it a PAR or an IQA? I'm not sure you can tell NZQA what the results 'should' be. Maybe the advisor meant 'needs to be'?
P
Old Jun 21st 2013, 9:53 am
Just Joined

expertshani is an unknown quantity at this point

It was a PAR or a IQA ?

Originally Posted by fahadali
I am also confuse about my NZQA result.

I am an electrical engineer from pakistan having B.E in electrical , MEngg Electrcal Power System (part time) and MSc ( Power Engineering ( full time).

My international qualification assesment outcome mentions

B.E electrical is equivalent to level 7 of Bachelor of Engineering and Technology

MEngg is equivalent to Masters degree level 9
Msc equivalent to Masters degree level 9.

When I consulted an immigration consultatnt to proceed with EOI. He advised me that my degrees are wrongly assesed as Bachelor of Engineering is not same to Bachelor of Engineering & Technology and Masters degree level 9 is not same as Master of Engineering level9. Following this result I can not claim 60 points for my qualification (level 9) and 10 bonus points for the qualification in area of abosultue shortage as it is not recognised as engineering qualification of level 9 .

He advised me to get it re-assesed and results shopuld be Bachelor of engineering level 8 with masters of enginerring level 9.

I am bit confused now and would appreciate your opinion.

Regards,