Conflicting News

Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:16 am
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Conflicting News

My sister in law and her husband are moving to Auckland on March 5th. They have received there 3 year work permits. He has an offer of a job as a crane driver through an agency. Apparantly they are able to apply for PR after 2 years but I thought you couldnt get PR with a job from the short term skilled list.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:25 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Conflicting News

Originally Posted by wimpy View Post
My sister in law and her husband are moving to Auckland on March 5th. They have received there 3 year work permits. He has an offer of a job as a crane driver through an agency. Apparantly they are able to apply for PR after 2 years but I thought you couldnt get PR with a job from the short term skilled list.
Did the agent say that? Have they checked with NZIS to verify the claim?
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Wessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to beholdWessa is a splendid one to behold

He maybe going on a wtr visa, if the company is registered, after two years he should qualify for pr. Thats how im going to do it.
Dont know how they are doing it with a 3 year work permit...
Old Jan 7th 2008, 10:44 am
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by happynz View Post
Did the agent say that? Have they checked with NZIS to verify the claim?

Apparantly someone at New Zealand House in London told them, not sure they have been advised properly on this
Old Jan 7th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wessa View Post
He maybe going on a wtr visa, if the company is registered, after two years he should qualify for pr. Thats how im going to do it.
Dont know how they are doing it with a 3 year work permit...
You can apply for PR at any time when you have enough points. Being on a work permit usually means you rack up points for work experience in New Zealand, which often gives you enough points to apply for residency. A WTR visa gives you another way to go from work visa to PR, but you dont have to wait until your two years are up if you qualify on your own for PR beforehand.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wimpy View Post
I think they need to go back to NZIS and clarify the situation. We came on a 3 year work visa and it is only a temporary visa, it is not a work to residence visa nor is it a route to PR. So if it is a 3 year temp work visa (usually named company) they need to clarify what they should be doing to get their residency.

If it was a work to residence visa it would be a 2 year visa with a named accredited employer and would be under the WTR route from day 1, the visas are not transferable.

From what you say they have got the same visa we got which again we got due to my job on the immediate skills shortage list and it is not a route to PR...they need to clarify their position so they are fully aware of the fact they may not qualify for residency.