British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Conflicting info from NZ House London (Re: Medical) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/conflicting-info-nz-house-london-re-medical-803743/)

warrend Jul 23rd 2013 11:33 am

Conflicting info from NZ House London (Re: Medical)

Hi all,

I am applying for a 2 year work visa, to join my wife (a NZ citizen), in NZ.

I have spoken on the telephone to two advisers from NZ House, and I have spoken to a third NZ House adviser by email.

I know I need a chest x-ray, but the guidance notes on NZ immigration's website don't make it terribly clear whether I need a Limited Medical Certificate, or a General Medical Certificate. The notes suggest I need the Limited Certificate, but as they aren't 100% clear, I decided to call NZ House to make sure.

The first adviser on the phone told me she wasn't sure, and to try again later.

A second telephone adviser told me (in no uncertain terms), to get the General Medical Certificate. She was extremely forthright (bordering on rude) in telling me I must ignore all other advice, and that I must listen to her.

Based on this, I emailed NZ House, informing them of the confusion I had with the guidance notes on the website. And they replied telling me that the website is correct, and that I should get the Limited Medical Certificate.

What to do?? My medical appointment is booked for tomorrow...

Persephone Jul 23rd 2013 2:06 pm

Re: Conflicting info from NZ House London (Re: Medical)

The NZIS website says you need the limited certificate:

You must provide a completed medical certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate (INZ 1096) PDF. If you are not the partner of a New Zealand citizen or resident the medical certificate you must provide is a General Medical Certificate (INZ 1007) PDF.

If you are the partner of a New Zealand citizen or resident and you meet the requirements to be granted residence under the Partnership Category, the medical certificate you must provide is a Limited Medical Certificate (INZ 1201) PDF. However, if you were eligible for inclusion in your partner’s residence application (if applicable) but were not included in, or were withdrawn from your partner’s residence application, you must provide a General Medical Certificate (INZ 1007).

These certificates must be less than 3 months old when you submit your application unless you have already provided these certificates in the last 36 months.
The only sticking point could be the meet the requirements to be granted residence part. However you have an email from NZIS saying go for the limited certificate so written proof that this is what is required. Work on getting as much residency proof as you can:fingerscrossed:

warrend Jul 23rd 2013 8:06 pm

Re: Conflicting info from NZ House London (Re: Medical)

Thank you, Persephone :)