British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   CONDITION 49(1) PERMANENT RESIDENCY VISA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/condition-49-1-permanent-residency-visa-752972/)

ellenarosemary Mar 27th 2012 5:43 pm

CONDITION 49(1) PERMANENT RESIDENCY VISA

We have just had our Permanent Residency Visas come back in our passports, there is a subject condition 49(1) which means my husband has to take up his offer of employment within 3 months from the GRANT of the visa (23 march 2012).

My question, as its not clear, does this condition also apply to his family as if we havent sold the house, he was going to go over first?

Hopefully you can answer my question, thank you. :)

chippy64 Mar 27th 2012 6:39 pm

Re: CONDITION 49(1) PERMANENT RESIDENCY VISA

Hi - does it say 'Holder must take up offer of employment within 3 months of the grant of the first residence permit'?

This is the wording on our visas. What that meantv was my OH had to take up his employment within 3 months of validatinghis visa. We were granted our visa on 6Oct09 and it said 'Must not arrive after 6Oct2010'. So, we all travelled over to arrive on 3Oct 10, I left my OH and oldest son there. I then travelled back with my youngest son and finally moved over to NZ in Dec 2011.

Does that help?

ellenarosemary Mar 27th 2012 7:02 pm

No it doesnt say Holder on the letter, but does say HOLDER on the passport, and the wording is 3 months from date visa GRANTED. So is this from date of issue or date activated???

Thanks for the info, but still not 100% sure.

Bo-Jangles Mar 29th 2012 6:35 am

You need to understand the difference between Visa and Permit and be sure of what it says.

The visa is the sticky in your passport that allows you to come to NZ, the permit is the stamp that immigration put in your passport when you arrive in the country.

A person entering New Zealand with a valid Residence Visa will be issued with a Residence Permit.

ellenarosemary Mar 29th 2012 6:44 am

Thanks Bo-Jangles for your thread. I did ak my case officer to clarify, the three months is from date of entry not date of issue and the condition is removed once certain criteria has been met.

chippy64 Mar 29th 2012 7:34 am

So, that is the same as us then. We validated our visas and then I went back to the UK to sell the house and left OH and oldest son in NZ, so OH could fulfil the visa requirements. :)

ellenarosemary Jul 27th 2012 2:38 pm

According to the letter we received when we got PR once my husband had started work within the 3 months of arriving (he arrived on Thursday) and had worked 3 months, he had to take his pay slips, letter from his employer and bank statements to prove the money went into his account to the nearest immigration office. The restriction on his passport would then be lifted. At that point we understood if he wanted he could change jobs and go back to another profession - however when he went through immigration the lady at the desk told him he had to work in his current profession (i.e. the one that got us in) for 2 years. Is that right?? Dont want to get it wrong and find out 2 years down the track.

Thanks