complete newbie question

Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Steez1982 will become famous soon enoughSteez1982 will become famous soon enough
Default complete newbie question

okay so say i go to NZ on a one-year working holiday permit and decide that i really like the country and want to stay put: what are my options? I'm Irish, 25, educated to Masters level and currently working in admin...
thanks!!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: complete newbie question

Originally Posted by Steez1982
okay so say i go to NZ on a one-year working holiday permit and decide that i really like the country and want to stay put: what are my options? I'm Irish, 25, educated to Masters level and currently working in admin...
thanks!!
Get a job and apply for residency...either work to residence or if your qualifications relate to your job offer skilled migrant.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:08 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Good Luck! It took me 7 years after working on a one year holiday work visa to get Permanant Residency.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:30 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Colin in the middle
Good Luck! It took me 7 years after working on a one year holiday work visa to get Permanent Residency.
Really? I thought my muddling about for four-and-a-half years on temporary work permits before applying for PR was over the top.

Seven years?

Cool.

Old Jul 29th 2007, 5:06 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

To be honest would never have got residency until I met my wife and having a brother over here only came into play at that point. Spent several trips out here looking for a wife ends up with a English wife