Complaining to NZIS

Old May 16th 2008, 4:48 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Complaining to NZIS

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN
Old May 30th 2008, 10:37 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Complaining to NZIS

So, just to finish this!

I got a letter from NZIS today apologising for the delay which was "a lapse in our normal practices" and the "poor service you received from the London branch". It appears that my experience was not to the level that they would normally provide.

There is no explanation as to why it took so long but they have apologised and I'm pleased I haven't just been given a lame excuse in an effort to justify the length of time

Going to send in the ITA tomorrow. Hoping someone will look out for my application after all this and make sure it gets dealt with quickly

Sue
Old May 31st 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Hope your ITA is dealt with pronto! Sending you loads of karma...
Old May 31st 2008, 8:35 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue R
So, just to finish this!

I got a letter from NZIS today apologising for the delay which was "a lapse in our normal practices" and the "poor service you received from the London branch". It appears that my experience was not to the level that they would normally provide.

There is no explanation as to why it took so long but they have apologised and I'm pleased I haven't just been given a lame excuse in an effort to justify the length of time

Going to send in the ITA tomorrow. Hoping someone will look out for my application after all this and make sure it gets dealt with quickly

Sue
WOW, you got a reply to your letter and an apology, way to go!!

I keep saying you should ask for preferential treatment when you send your ITA tomorrow Write something nice in your covering letter, thanking them for their reply and asking if they could possibly consider speeding up your ITA assessment as compensation for the long wait.

I reckon they would oblige. They might not, but what harm is there in asking?

Best of luck with the next stage, how's the packing going!?
Old May 31st 2008, 9:15 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

WOW, you got a reply to your letter and an apology, way to go!!

I keep saying you should ask for preferential treatment when you send your ITA tomorrow Write something nice in your covering letter, thanking them for their reply and asking if they could possibly consider speeding up your ITA assessment as compensation for the long wait.

I reckon they would oblige. They might not, but what harm is there in asking?

Best of luck with the next stage, how's the packing going!?
Ended up taking the cowards' way out and didn't mention the delay in my covering letter. I couldn't find a way to phrase it without sounding too needy Besides if I find a job whilst over there then that should speed things up?!

As for the packing, it's come to a bit of a standstill. I have a few full boxes and a big pile of stuff to take to the charity shop. I also have a huge collection of variously sized empty boxes strewn throughout every room. What started out impressively organised has now descended into utter chaos
Luckily and very kindly my boss is allowing me to stay here for a week after I officially finish work, he's not going to tell the department which deals with property when my leaving date is So I have a few days to get it all done.
When do you do your meds? And is everything else done so you can get your ITA sent in asap?
Hope the weather stays sunny for tomorrow, have a good time

Sue
Old May 31st 2008, 11:11 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Hi Suzi and Steve
Thanks for the karma
How far along are you with your application?

Sue
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:15 am
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Originally Posted by Sue R
Ended up taking the cowards' way out and didn't mention the delay in my covering letter.
Bwaaaaak, bwak, bwak, puckuck Well, guess you're a bit nervous about bringing more attention to yourself.... if they have any decency they'll do it anyway without you prompting them!

Well that's nice of your boss, hopefully you will use the week wisely . I know from experience that it's not easy to decide what to take with you and what to give / store away, so good luck! My advice would be to keep as little as possible, I found it strangely therapeutic to get rid of what was, at the end of the day, mostly unnecessary junk. "Clearing the clutter" worked in more ways than one for me....

Meds 16th June, could've had them sooner but hoping to get OH to lose some "belly padding" , though alchris gave us some hope yesterday! (by the way, you freaked me out a little with your "have a good time tomorrow" comment , I thought you were psychic or something!). Shame you couldn't make it.

I think we've got everything else now. Only we had to send out for new references for OH, as the ones we got didn't specify he worked full time (we didn't know they had to when we asked for them), so hoping the companies won't take too long to send them back.

Fingers crossed!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:53 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Bwaaaaak, bwak, bwak, puckuck Well, guess you're a bit nervous about bringing more attention to yourself.... if they have any decency they'll do it anyway without you prompting them!
OK, just call me chicken!
I'm hoping they don't get that many complaints that mine stood out and so they'll remember my name
I didn't want to wind anyone up by suggesting they deal with mine quicker than normal given the circumstances, especially if the same case officer assesses your application through from EOI to the end. I don't know what went on but if she got a b******ing for it then she may not be that well disposed towards me

That might be worth knowing, anyone know whether the case officer who assessed your EOI also deals with the ITA and interview??

by the way, you freaked me out a little with your "have a good time tomorrow" comment , I thought you were psychic or something
If only I were....life would be so much easier

All the best for the medicals, realised after I wrote that that you'd put the date in your signature. Only 2 more weeks to starve the OH

Sue