British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Complaining to NZIS (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/complaining-nzis-535289/)

Persephone May 8th 2008 8:31 pm

Complaining to NZIS

Well I am still awaiting word on my ITA. I was told that I should hear sometime this week but there's only one day left to go and I'm not feeling confident :curse:

I'm seriously thinking of putting in a complaint to NZIS now and was just wondering if anyone had done this and what was the outcome. I was going to send it in in writing and possibly email as well.
I think I've been very patient and certainly wouldn't consider myself to have pestered them too much which is probably what I should have done!
I'm going to try and phone tomorrow if I've heard nothing by the afternoon but I think it's time to up the pressure if I don't get an answer :eek:

Sue :D

BEVS May 8th 2008 10:22 pm

Re: Complaining to NZIS

Yes. Someone did complain to NZIS . It was Mildred. Her posts are HERE

I agree Sue. I think you have been very patient & waited long enough.

Persephone May 9th 2008 7:13 pm

Thanks Bevs,

As I expected I've not heard anything today. I was told I'd hear by the end of this week when I went into NZ House last week. Thing is, I don't live in central London so I have to use time off from work to make a trip there so can't keep going in. I wrote out a draft letter earlier this week stating the issues I have problems with which are the long delay, lack of replies to emails and the fact that others are getting answers well before me. I phoned my case officer and left a message on the answerphone but she has not called back, surprise, surprise:mad:

At least I have a normal cost 020 number to call but not much use if its not answered. My letter also mentions the exorbitant cost of the normal phone line!

Do you know what Mildred is doing now- looks like she's not posted again so I presume she's given up on the idea.

I will tweak the letter tomorrow so I'm happy with it and get it sent in, I'm also thinking of sending a copy to Wellington as I assume that's where the head office is. Not sure if that's worth doing but it can't do any harm.

I still can't think of anything that is difficult or should be a problem on my EOI so I'm at a loss to know why I'm still waiting.
Sue

newzealandplease May 9th 2008 8:58 pm

Can't offer any specific advise. but sympathise 100% with you. NZIS seem to have little concept of customer service. I think its pot luck based on the personality/efficiency of the individual case officer and possibly thier line supervisor.

We have had at least two occassions where our file has been 'dropped to the bottom of someones tray' and more recently when trying to push things from here (NZ) with London. found our file had not been updated with important information we submitted in the beginning of the year. So from the outside our file looked like it was waiting on us. Even though we had emailed communications based around that information, so it had obviously been submitted.

We just found 'excuses' to phone each week to see how things were going. Its expensive and frustrating. As I say I think many others have a completely different experience. Thanksfully for us its been worth the struggle and we have been given PR. With a job offer the whole think has taken nearly a year and it feels everyone else did it much quicker.

To top it off for us the agency (I know I know - didn't know better at the time!) has not yet been in touch regarding our PR, we for the last 3 months have dealt with NZIS direct. So £2000 down the drain with the agency, they turned into little more than expensive typists and having a third party involved just slowed the communication down.

Sorry thats a long rant ;)

Stick with it and do your best not to let it drag you down

Persephone May 9th 2008 10:04 pm

Thanks for sympathising, it sounds like you've had a pretty rough time getting there. It's difficult, part of me has tried not to get in touch so often that it becomes irritating but enough to keep up the pressure. I've probably sent emails or gone in around once a week now, since the end of March.
I've been waiting to get an ITA for nearly 5 and a half months and I feel the only option now is to write a letter of complaint and see what happens.

I expected to have had it all sent in by now leaving only the packing and a few other major things to sort out. I'm now at the point where even being told my EOI was unsuccessful would be a relief as it will be one less thing to get stressed about. I should still have enough time but it'll be a bit of a rush now and I'm not prepared to do medicals until I have an ITA. I have other options as far as getting there are concerned but this is easiest now I've started.

Thing is I'm going to NZ for a long holiday but doing some travelling on the way there. So do not want to be taking all my important documents and proofs of this, that and the other with me. Imagine if anything happened, it all got stolen for instance:eek:

Well I'm glad to hear you got there in the end, it's such a rollercoaster isn't it. I felt all relieved and happy last week thinking I'd have an answer soon and now right back down again:ohmy: Hoping I'll have a quiet day at work tomorrow and can get the letter printed out and sent off.
Sue :(

BEVS May 9th 2008 11:59 pm

Bugger. :curse: I was so hoping to read that you had some news SueR. Seems like you need to get past the case officer and speak with someone else.

If you think it would help & time becomes tight, send your documents etc to me here in NZ & I will keep them safe for you until you need them. PM me if this is an option for you.

Water Lily May 10th 2008 6:45 am

Wow Sue I can't believe how unlucky you've been :(, I dread to think it might happen to us because I don't think I would cope as well as you are! And you have more points than us and all! :blink:

I really feel for you, I really do. These people obviously don't realise how this can affect someone, or if they do, they don't care. I guess they must think if you want it bad enough, you'll be prepared to wait no matter how long it takes. But it seems so unfair that the system is so screwed up. How can they keep you waiting so long when other people in seemingly the same situation got a response within 2 months? No wonder you're at your wits' end! :curse:

Bevs is right, the time has come to aim higher and go past your case officer because it looks like their ability to do their job has taken leave of absence. Best of luck with your complaint, we all know you certainly deserve a positive outcome. :thumbup:

Keep us posted and chin up! :)

Persephone May 10th 2008 6:23 pm

Water Lily
Wow Sue I can't believe how unlucky you've been , I dread to think it might happen to us because I don't think I would cope as well as you are!
:rofl::rofl: hysterical laughter - coping :rofl:????:p

I can assure you I don't feel like I'm coping very well at all. My plans had involved my ITA having been sent into NZ House by now, leaving me with just packing, losing my house and car [tied to the job], fostering my beloved dog:cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile: and trying to say my goodbyes to everyone round here to get stressed about! Though I'll be coming back to the UK I may not be able to see friends round here so I need to do all the teary farewells now.

Sent in a complaint letter today by special delivery so I know it'll get there, though it can always get lost in NZ House itself! Also sent a copy of it via email to the complaint section on NZIS website just to make doubly sure. I resisted the urge to tell them exactly what I thought [get off your backsides and do some ******* work, you lazy bunch of ******, ****, ****] Thought that might not be appropriate; but hell it would make me feel better:o. So I stuck to writing a carefully worded, firm and assertive letter which doesn't apportion any blame to anyone in particular and addressed it to the head of department so should bypass my case officer.

I feel I have little option now and have no faith in NZ house to do anything on time. It worries me what may happen if I manage to get a job offer, will they actually get on and deal with my application quick enough for me to take up the job?

Bevs ,sent you a PM, could send docs to OH in NZ but just had a thought; should it come to it there's no reason why I can't get the meds done in NZ is there? Thank you:thumbup:
Certainly NOT doing them here until I have an ITA in my hands.

Waterlily, I sincerely hope you don't have such a long wait, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. You're right, it does feel that like they don't care, the long wait, no reply to emails or phonecalls, the general lack of accurate information, it's enough to make one paranoid!

Good luck to all those out there who are still waiting, my case appears to be a bit of a one off so don't get too disheartened by it.

Sue

Water Lily May 12th 2008 11:03 am

Well, you do come across as copying quite well, considering! I can imagine the inner turmoil though :(, you're probably not letting it show though, or not as much as you could!

Shame we're not a bit closer, I think you could do with a glass (or two!) of wine and with bending someone's ear; someone who's as keen to go as you are and who would understand you oh, so well!! :)

Hope you get some results now you've sent your letter, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!! :thumbup:

Hugs
Maria
x

Persephone May 12th 2008 8:07 pm

Hi Maria,

Well nothing happened as yet, they'll receive the letter tomorrow but they should have the email.

Yes it's a pity you're not in Beckenham anymore, would definitely be waiting for you in the pub with a glass of red wine :thumbup: I think I've bored my friends here with my on-going saga on how to withstand huge amounts of frustration with a [attempted] smile. Would be good to talk to someone who's in the same position and understands the ins and outs of this process, and have a laugh about it all!
Don't they say if you don't laugh then you'd cry :unsure:

Well when we both get to NZ I'll buy you and the hubbie a drink to celebrate!

Staying calm by looking forward to 6 weeks time when I'll meet up with Mr Sue in Bangkok [long story!] and we'll be on holiday:thumbsup::wub::thumbsup: Then going to NZ for a couple of months.
Can't wait!

Will let you know what, if anything, happens with the letter

Sue x

Persephone May 14th 2008 8:01 pm

No news yet :mad:

Just one question, how did you find out you were going to receive an ITA? Was it via email, phone, did your status change on the NZIS website or was it when it came through the letterbox?.
I'm checking daily of course but just wondering about it...no reason why I can't daydream :confused:

BEVS May 14th 2008 10:40 pm

Any news? anything at all?

Persephone May 15th 2008 6:47 pm

Just checked NZIS website and it says DECISION SUCCESSFUL!!!!!

I keep checking it just to make sure it really does say that :rofl:

Well I've had no contact from NZIS at all about the letter and no explanation as to why it's taken so long. Was going to waste another afternoon off work going in tomorrow to do the old "I demand to speak to someone higher up" line. I would still like to know why but since they don't seem to like using any form of communication device and I'm not that confrontational then I'll just leave it. All I can think is that it was lost/mislaid for a long time.
Besides I've got plenty of better things to do with my time off! It'll be interesting to see just how long it takes to process my ITA now!
Thanks to everyone for your support :thumbup:

Sue :D:D:D

Moosette May 15th 2008 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 6355970)
Just checked NZIS website and it says DECISION SUCCESSFUL!!!!!

I keep checking it just to make sure it really does say that :rofl:

Well I've had no contact from NZIS at all about the letter and no explanation as to why it's taken so long. Was going to waste another afternoon off work going in tomorrow to do the old "I demand to speak to someone higher up" line. I would still like to know why but since they don't seem to like using any form of communication device and I'm not that confrontational then I'll just leave it. All I can think is that it was lost/mislaid for a long time.
Besides I've got plenty of better things to do with my time off! It'll be interesting to see just how long it takes to process my ITA now!
Thanks to everyone for your support :thumbup:

Sue :D:D:D

Sue,

That's fantastic news! I'm so happy for you! It's great that you will be able to get things moving before you head off on your travels.

I know absolutely nothing about the NZIS but I would be willing to take a small bet that your letter/email of complaint did make a difference here. I just think the timing is a little tooooo much of a coincidence...

Congratulations once again. You've had such a long wait so this must be a huge weight off your mind.

Moosette x

Persephone May 15th 2008 10:38 pm

Hi Moosette

Thank you :thumbsup:. So sorry I haven't replied, from the above you can probably guess that I've been just a little preoccupied recently!
The worry of whether to send in a complaint knowing that that may elicit a certain level of prejudice in a case officer as opposed to just waiting, waiting and still waiting. After all we're all human...even case officers:rofl:

Still grinning! Hope you're OK
Sue :D