Commuting to Auckland

Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Rich6870 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Commuting to Auckland

Hi Newby here.
Never been to NZ and I'm hoping to jump staight in and apply for immigration.

What areas are nice to live in with good schools and easily accessible to the centre of Auckland for work?

Obviously no one wants to live in a bad area but I don't really want to spend hours sat in traffic every morning either.
Is public transport worth using?

Are there any areas to avoid living in? One reason for leaving UK are Chavs and Asbos.

Will it be the same as commuting to big cities in the UK such as London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds?

Does any one have any good and bad experiences of living in Auckland area?

Many thanks
Rich
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:04 am
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Commuting to Auckland

Hiya & welcome loads of folk on hand here to offer advice, myself, i'm not over there yet but will be heading for Wellington anyway, so this doesnt help you much !! try doing a forum search & try these out aswell http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...auckland+areas
hope this helps good luck
Old Apr 28th 2007, 11:07 am
preet in the bays

preetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nicepreetsangha is just really nice
Default Re: Commuting to Auckland

Originally Posted by Rich6870
Hi Newby here.
Never been to NZ and I'm hoping to jump staight in and apply for immigration.

What areas are nice to live in with good schools and easily accessible to the centre of Auckland for work?

Obviously no one wants to live in a bad area but I don't really want to spend hours sat in traffic every morning either.
Is public transport worth using?

Are there any areas to avoid living in? One reason for leaving UK are Chavs and Asbos.

Will it be the same as commuting to big cities in the UK such as London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds?

Does any one have any good and bad experiences of living in Auckland area?

Many thanks
Rich
North shore, north shore north shore WOOOOO!. Can be a be a bit crowded getting into town but atleast its the (only one) motor way and you get to live near really great bays!