Collecting the blue stickers??

Old Jun 15th 2008, 5:53 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Collecting the blue stickers??

Hi
I have my telephone interview tomorrow for PR- unbelievably fast, only 8 days after they received my ITA

I will be going abroad for 3months on the 27th June and will be spending some time in NZ. After they have made a decision as to whether you get PR or WTR is there a certain amount of time in which you have to actually get the stickers in your passport? If they take a week to decide then I'll not be able to send it to London to get them before I leave. Should I need to can I get them in NZ even though the London office is dealing with me?
I will have to come back to the UK as the flights are booked along with some travelling on the way back. Besides won't see my dad before I go [he decided to go on his hols for the 2 weeks I'm at my parents!] Maybe he's trying to tell me something He was very keen for me to move to NZ! So do want to see him before I go to NZ for good, as who knows when I'll see him again otherwise

Hope someone can help
Sue
Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Collecting the blue stickers??

Wish you all the best with your phone interview. I am sure you will do just fine.

If I remember correctly, you will have 6 months to send your passport for blue sticker from the date of the decision (and 12 months to land and activate your PR from the date of the decision). But I am not 100% sure, so please wait for BEVS here or somebody else who can help you on this. Good luck.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

darlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nicedarlo_tony is just really nice

glad to hear its finally speeding up for you sue
and good luck your phone interview 2morrow
all the best tony
Old Jun 15th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by darlo_tony
glad to hear its finally speeding up for you sue
and good luck your phone interview 2morrow
all the best tony
Well done Sue- have pm'd you
Oh have his interview on Friday and thanks to the threads on here with regards to questions asked he was well prepared. At the end he asked asked PR, only to be told we were'nt being assesed for this as he has not got a provisional licence ( he's an electrician) feel a bit low now as I'd seen other threads on here where people with no job offers had been granted PR. I suppose there's nothing we can do about it now? Had thought about e-mailing case officier to ask if OH did saftey course here if it would make any difference to her decision? My only worry now is if we just get WTR havent we only got 3 months to go? House has only just gone on the market!
Feel better now I've had my moan

Good luck for tommorrow Sue
Chris
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:27 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your good wishes

If you have 6 months from a decision being made then I'll have no problems assuming I get PR. Does that apply if you're granted WTR as well. Or does the three months you have to get across to NZ start from when they make the decision to grant WTR?
Been looking all through NZIS website but cannot seem to find out. Will ask during the interview I think.

I've been preparing some answers today, just hope they don't ask anything too difficult Still can't believe how fast they've been after the EOI "delay"

Sue
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:53 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Hi Chris,
Why not email case officer, it may help and can't do any harm. All the best, thinking of you. You never know what will come about until it does, stay positive

Errr sorry bit tired.Ignore my last question! I take it since your 12m for PR starts when the decision is made then I assume the 3m for WTR also starts when the decision is made. That 3m does not start from when you get the actual visas???

So I'd be OK if I get PR but if I get WTR then can I get the stickers in NZ if necessary?? I don't think I'll be able to get them before I go.
Think I'll ask tomorrow and let you all know!

Sue bedtime!
Old Jun 16th 2008, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Sue,everything crossed for you

Phyllis
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue - how did it go?????
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:26 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Thanks Phyllis

Well it went OK I think!
Got the answers I wanted to know about:

If granted PR then you have 6 months to get the stickers in your passport
If granted WTR then I can get them done in NZ if necessary

Obviously hoping for PR but at least I'll be able to get them if given WTR.
Should hear within 2 weeks

Sue
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:32 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Hi Chippy,

Got asked the sort of questions I expected to be asked. Felt that I was waffling on a bit at times and repeating myself
I thought some of the questions were quite similar to each other and so my answers were the same.
It's quite disconcerting having an interview whilst you can hear someone manically typing away in the background

Can only wait and see now

Sue
Old Jun 16th 2008, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue

Glad it went well today. Now you just have to wait( not too long I hope) and see what they say. At least you have a back up with WTR if PR is a no-go. What you should do is try to forget about it and concentrate on planning your upcoming trip and seeing your OH and getting organised for that.

Phyllis
Old Jun 16th 2008, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

DebsN has a brilliant futureDebsN has a brilliant futureDebsN has a brilliant futureDebsN has a brilliant futureDebsN has a brilliant futureDebsN has a brilliant future

Hi Sue,

I just wanted to say congrats on the interview. I am sure all has gone well, and the two weeks will be over before you know it. At least you have your trip to look forward to and to keep your mind occupied.

Let us know how youget on.

Take care.
Deb
Old Jun 16th 2008, 9:23 pm
Cat (Mad) Sitter

Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue, haven't been on the boards for a few days, glad to hear your interview went well, and that you had it so soon after sending in your ITA!! 8 days!! Do you think you've set yet another record?

11 days and counting! You're all packed now?
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

ptbrophy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Want2Move
If I remember correctly, you will have 6 months to send your passport for blue sticker from the date of the decision (and 12 months to land and activate your PR from the date of the decision). But I am not 100% sure, so please wait for BEVS here or somebody else who can help you on this. Good luck.
When does the 3 months you have to commence employment, if you have a job offer, actually start?

Is it from the NZIS decision date on your ITA or from the date you get the blue sticker in your passport?

Paul.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ptbrophy
When does the 3 months you have to commence employment, if you have a job offer, actually start?

Is it from the NZIS decision date on your ITA or from the date you get the blue sticker in your passport?

Paul.
I am sorry, I have no clue about that. Even the timeline I mentioned in this thread was from a question I asked here a while ago and somebody answered to me and now I cannot find that thread. So, the thing I have said here may not be 100% true. I hope somebody can answer your question soon. You can send a PM to BEVS here (that's her username). She knows everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.