British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Closer to dream (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/closer-dream-716454/)

Lejamez May 10th 2011 3:51 pm

Closer to dream

Hey guys,

Just thought i'd give a quick update - had our immigration interview today and it seemed to go really well. Questions were not to hard and they didn't seem to mind that we've not been over to New Zealand yet either. We should hear early next week so a wee bit of advice to anyone waiting on an interview - Don't get too stressed, its not that bad.

Will let you all know next week how we got on :thumbsup:

Laura

scrubbedexpat094 May 10th 2011 9:09 pm

Re: Closer to dream

Pleased to hear that you've got that over with Laura. Hopefully you will get good news next week :thumbup:

alanmacc May 10th 2011 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lejamez (Post 9355176)
Hey guys,

Just thought i'd give a quick update - had our immigration interview today and it seemed to go really well. Questions were not to hard and they didn't seem to mind that we've not been over to New Zealand yet either. We should hear early next week so a wee bit of advice to anyone waiting on an interview - Don't get too stressed, its not that bad.

Laura

Fantastic news, before you know it you will be on Kiwi soil

BEVS May 10th 2011 11:32 pm

Good to hear . Bet you're glad that bit is over with. :)

What sort of questions did they ask you ?

Lejamez May 11th 2011 7:00 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9356241)
Good to hear . Bet you're glad that bit is over with. :)

What sort of questions did they ask you ?

Interview was spilt into 2 parts and only lasted about 30mins over the phone.

Job prospects -
OH was asked about his first - whether he thought it would be difficult to find work, what would he do if he didn't get work, how did work prospects in NZ differ from UK,
I was asked what I would do (as I planned on helping kids settle till after Xmas hols I said that and then just said I would either get something in admin or do whatever as I was flexible)

Settling in NZ - (This was done via speaker so we could both chip in)
Why were we leaving UK
Had we looked at housing/rental and what were our plans
Had we looked at schooling and how did we feel the kids would cope and what would we do to help
Did we have any family/friends over in NZ (mentioned that I had contacts via FB and Twitter and of course on this site :))
How did we plan on making friends

Basically that was it - most of the questions seemed to be related to what we had answered previously. It seemed very informal and Andrew (Case Worker) made us feel very relaxed. We asked at end when we'd hear and he said he would make the decision that afternoon but by the time it was signed off by a second person we probably wouldn't hear till either end this week more likely early next.

Hope the above helps anyone else in this position.

Laura

robbyarg May 13th 2011 12:53 pm

FIRST of all, CONGRATS to making it THIS FAR to the home of the All Blacks. That decision should not take long. All they want to ascertain is whether you can afford to move there, you know what life in NZ will be about and if you have WORKED out your job prospects and your chance of getting a job there. If you have made some successful communication to get a job there. And if you come to NZ, you can afford it.

So if you have proven those, sounds good to me. They are only logical considerations. And I hope you get the PR to be in ONE of the most AMAZING countries in the world. It's not Italy or Europe, but it's probably the BEST choice AFTER Europe.

ALL THE BEST!!!!

Originally Posted by Lejamez (Post 9355176)
Hey guys,

Laura

armandra May 13th 2011 4:30 pm

From the signature it seems the visa is already approved.

EOI submitted Oct 2010; ITA issued Nov 2010; ITA lodged Mar2011; Interview May 10th 2011; Visa Approved May 11th 2011. :thumbsup:
Congrats!! :)

armandra!

Lejamez May 13th 2011 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by armandra (Post 9362452)
From the signature it seems the visa is already approved.

Congrats!! :)

armandra!

yup to let you guys in this thread know - WE"RE IN YEAH!!!!!! only took a day for the approval to come through and got the official letter today.

Just got to get the house sold then the dream is a reality.

Thanks for all the support by the way, feeling the love :)
Laura

Persephone May 13th 2011 11:33 pm

Many congratulations! It's a great feeling when you finally get that visa:thumbup: