Close Family points

Old Oct 6th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Close Family points

Is it possible to claim bonus points under the "Close Family" section,
if my maternal mum's sister lives (and has done for ages) in New Zealand.

So my auntie and uncle live in NZ - North Island 40mins out of Auckland.

Thank you.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:38 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Close Family points

I would say no.

Originally Posted by NZIS
SM17.5.5 Close family in New Zealand
A principal applicant* qualifies for 10 points for a close family member in New Zealand if that close family member:is the adult sibling or adult child, or parent, of a principal applicant*, or of the principal applicant's* partner* included in the application
Old Oct 7th 2009, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

I did all the reading, and posted here first.

When you actually come to fill out the details of that "Close Family", you can select Aunty?

Which makes me think you can. A strange one!
Old Oct 12th 2009, 1:14 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

I went back into an EOI and checked out the option again.

Under

Originally Posted by EOI
T2. Do you have a close family member living in New Zealand (adult brother or sister, adult child, or parent), who is a resident or citizen of New Zealand? For more details of which family members qualify see the Help for this page or SM17.5.
The only options offered are Yes or No.

The help box for this states

Originally Posted by NZIS online EOI help box re. points for immediate family
Close family in New Zealand

You can earn points under the Skilled Migrant Category if you have a close family member in New Zealand.

Your New Zealand family member must be you or your partner's adult brother or sister, adult child, or parent living in New Zealand. To be eligible to provide their support they must be a resident or citizen of New Zealand, and New Zealand must be their primary place of residence.
There was a drop down menu which included 'Aunty' for T3 however, which is the next section. This section is about your close family relatives but is not related to claiming points.

T3. Give details of ALL your family members (not just those living in New Zealand), including those adopted legally or by custom. Please include: parents (whether biological or adoptive), brothers and sisters (whether full, half, step or adopted), and children (whether biological, adopted or step children, including those from previous marriages/relationships).
PLEASE NOTE: It is not necessary to list deceased family members or family included elsewhere in this application form.

So, from this I still think the answer is No.
Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

To the lefthand side of the section to fill in family details.
It has a drop down box for "Claiming points for family member"

Am I reading this wrong?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 11:11 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

Exactly where are you on the New Zealand Immigration Website ?

As I can see you can link.... linky please

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 12th 2009 at 11:14 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2009, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

BEV, I am going to go with not claiming points for them. I dont think aunty is classed as close family and would prefer not to have anything on the EOI frowned upon.

What we are going to do however is add them in as family, due to the fact that they live in NZ and it may very well help further down the line. I am thinking the application being more on a personal level should we get to ITA stage, and with family based in NZ that may very well stand us in good stead.

...LOL and they say the EOI takes roughly 2 hrs to complete!
Old Oct 13th 2009, 11:13 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

I would think having family in NZ would stand you in very good stead . The ability to settle is taken into account.

The EOI is a mission isn't it. I still remember that and fussing over the ITA papers.

Good luck for the next draw
I'll be looking to see you have been pulled.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

From Jo

"I think we should add BEVS as a close member of the family! She's helped us a fair bit. Good to chat to someone in the know! Tell her, we'll buy her a beer when we make it down-under!! x"