Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Claiming points for qualification under LTTSL (but job offer not in LTTSL)?

Claiming points for qualification under LTTSL (but job offer not in LTTSL)?

Old Apr 5th 2012, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

taless is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Claiming points for qualification under LTTSL (but job offer not in LTTSL)?

Hi there!

Just had a crack at doing a draft Expression of Interest online. I am a junior doctor moving to NZ. As I anticipate that I will get my Provisional Registration To Practice (General Scope) in 2 weeks time, I felt it is now time to prepare the SMC application.

Based on age, qualification and job offer, I already have 130 points. To boost it to at least 140, I needed a job offer in the LTSSL and/or qualification in LTSSL.

My job offer (2nd year House Officer) is best described as Resident Medical Officer, which unfortunately is not in the LTSSL. It is actually in the Immediate Skills Shortage.

However, my qualification (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) & registration appeared numerous times in the 4th column of the LTSSL.

1. Am I right that I can claim the extra 10 points for Qualifications in the LTSSL? (it appeared so from reading the policy documents but wanted to double check)

2. If I only have 130 points (with job offer), how likely am I to get selected from the pool? NZ Immigration does not seem to publish the 'exact' cut-off points.

Thank you very much for your advice!

P/S: If you have similar experiences, e.g. employed in a different occupation but has a qualification in the LTSSL, did you claim points for that? Feel free to share.

P/S 2: Happy Easter holiday everyone!
Old Apr 10th 2012, 4:57 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Claiming points for qualification under LTTSL (but job offer not in LTTSL)?

Originally Posted by taless
2. If I only have 130 points (with job offer), how likely am I to get selected from the pool? NZ Immigration does not seem to publish the 'exact' cut-off points.
They publish the exact cut-off and numbers selected for each draw from the pool, they are on the website and usually also available in a sticky thread at the top of the BE NZ Immigration section.