Citizenship question

Old Dec 27th 2009, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all
Default Citizenship question

We came over in Feb 2004 on a Business Scheme whereby we were here 3 years before we could get our permanent residency. Then they changed the rules to say you could only get citizenship if you had had P.R. for 5 years instead being in the country for 3 years.Is there no way they will include our years on the Long Term Business Visa? We will have been living and working here for 6 years in February.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

The Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Citizenship question

All you can do is give it a go I'm sure like everything here it depends on the day who is reading your form. They may grant it they may not. But this is the only way to find out. Good luck. Sorry I couldn't be anymore help.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all
Default Re: Citizenship question

Nice to get a quick reply And Yes, you're probably right. If it's meant to be,it's meant to be. Only wanting to find out in case, at some time in the future, my old Mum needs some support with my sick Dad. My sister is taking the full brunt of it all at the moment as well as working and having her own family. It would be easy if we had ciizenship to be able to go back for a bit and know that we can return with no hassle.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kentish Lass
Nice to get a quick reply And Yes, you're probably right. If it's meant to be,it's meant to be. Only wanting to find out in case, at some time in the future, my old Mum needs some support with my sick Dad. My sister is taking the full brunt of it all at the moment as well as working and having her own family. It would be easy if we had ciizenship to be able to go back for a bit and know that we can return with no hassle.
The NZIS FAQ page on this subject says 5 years if PR granted after April 2005

(not sure of the exact date) or 3 years PR if granted before this time. It is quite clear on it being PR and no other class of permit..ie business visas etc do not count. So I think you will have to wait the 5 years from whenever your PR is/was granted.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

On a slightly different thread - I realise we have only been here 5 mins with PR, but what are the benefits to us if we go for citizenship? (when the time comes!)
Just wondering in advance!
Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

The Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to allThe Jezzers is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RobDon
On a slightly different thread - I realise we have only been here 5 mins with PR, but what are the benefits to us if we go for citizenship? (when the time comes!)
Just wondering in advance!
Citizenship will let you get an NZ passprt so you can hold UK and NZ meaning you can stay out of NZ for years and retun later no problems. Also you can go to Australia to live and work at the moment but this might change in future years. Also it could be easier for geting through the airports at either end.Also I have heard it is easier to sponsor rellies with citizenship. I'm sure there are more reasons and someone will come on and tell you. Goodluck.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 1:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
The NZIS FAQ page on this subject says 5 years if PR granted after April 2005

(not sure of the exact date) .
It actually depends on when PR was applied for as far as I know.