British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Citizenship application question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/citizenship-application-question-830119/)

Catchafire Apr 1st 2014 12:51 am

Citizenship application question

Hello everyone

Finally we have got around to filling out our citizenship papers.

There is one section which deals with offenses, including traffic offenses! Now we have been here for ten years and I have been stopped a couple of times, but buggered if I remember when. So...do I just write the info down to the best of my ability or can I go to the local cop shop and get some more detailed information?

Thanks.

Clappy Apr 5th 2014 5:45 am

Re: Citizenship application question

Originally Posted by Catchafire (Post 11199138)
Hello everyone

There is one section which deals with offenses, including traffic offenses! Now we have been here for ten years and I have been stopped a couple of times, but buggered if I remember when. So...do I just write the info down to the best of my ability or can I go to the local cop shop and get some more detailed information?

Thanks.

I have recently submitted the Citizenship application which involved starting the process by meeting a Case Officer at the DIA office in Auckland.

I didn't have any infringements to report but after my interview with the Case Officer I think that they will be able to find out about all your infringements for themselves and so I think that it should be sufficient for you to report them in your letter to the best of your recollection. What would trip you up is trying to pretend that you never had any if you do.

BEVS Apr 6th 2014 10:38 pm

We didn't have any interview at all. Just filled in the forms .

simonmarkellis Apr 8th 2014 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Catchafire (Post 11199138)
Hello everyone

Thanks.

We're in the same boat, you can fill in a Police form "Request for Police Infiringement History...." think you download it from the police site, fill it in, send it off with a copy of your D/L, passport etc and they'll send you a list to attach to your application.

Catchafire Apr 8th 2014 5:03 am

Awesome thanks for your replies, downloaded the infringement request form!

simonmarkellis Jun 26th 2014 9:49 am

Just got our letters authorising our grant of New Zealand citizenship.... now just have to attend a ceremony and we're kiwi's....:thumbsup: