Christchurch Branch SMC processing time

Old Mar 23rd 2015, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Bebem24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Christchurch Branch SMC processing time

Hello Guys!

I would like to know what is the current SMC processing time in Chch branch from lodgement date to CO allocation and approval. I submitted my ITA at Christchurch branch (with job offer). Got an email this morning that they received my resident application last March 20, 2014. My status is pending and still no lodgement date. Have any idea how many days does lodgement date appear online?

If somebody here who is assigned to CHCH branch please share your timeline...thank you.

Hoping my application will be pretty straightforward.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 6:36 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christchurch Branch SMC processing time

on the immigration website it states 4-6 months for allocation of CO. But I do find it odd that it has taken them a year to say they have received it?
Old Mar 24th 2015, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

I went through Chch but my file got transferred up to Auckland Central. Timeline is in my sig. If you've been waiting a year then call immigration and ask.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 7:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be on the phone to them. There is surely something wrong.
An application with a job offer is a priority and should have a CO assigned fairly sharpish - i.e. within 2 - 4 weeks. The quoted time of 4-6 months for allocation of a CO should be associated with applications without a job offer.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 7:43 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
The quoted time of 4-6 months for allocation of a CO should be associated with applications without a job offer.
Think that is a realistic timeline seeing as the timeline for London with a job offer is 3 months.

Processing times
Old Mar 24th 2015, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Processing times

Since the Auckland branches quote a timeline to an application decision between 6 - 9 months then waiting 4 - 6 months for allocation of a CO doesn't compute. The period quoted will also cover applications under SMC that do not have a job offer associated so the timeline for applications with a job offer should be a lot shorter so in that sense allocation of a CO should be pretty fast.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bebem24
Hello Guys!

I would like to know what is the current SMC processing time in Chch branch from lodgement date to CO allocation and approval. I submitted my ITA at Christchurch branch (with job offer). Got an email this morning that they received my resident application last March 20, 2014. My status is pending and still no lodgement date. Have any idea how many days does lodgement date appear online?

If somebody here who is assigned to CHCH branch please share your timeline...thank you.

Hoping my application will be pretty straightforward.
Sorry but I cannot believe it's taken this long just for a CO to be assigned to this. You've had a job offer last year, you submitted your application last year??? What have you been doing since??? What visa are you currently on??? Also, what's going on with the job?
Old Mar 24th 2015, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Oh my it's a typo error on my part, sorry guys may I correct it...it is March 20, 2015. For the information of everybody my status is pending + a lodgement date. Waiting for a CO to be allocated soonest.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 10:19 pm

well that makes more sense

so what visa are you currently on, I assume it is still valid for at least 6mths ?given the time line on the immigration site. If not then you may need to extend it.

Although our visa was done in the London and the timeline was 3mths it did go to the full 3mths for the 1st approval and then a few more weeks for the second check and stamps in the passports but we did transfer over from London to Wellington after the second approval was got and they did put the wrong visa in initially so I guess you could cut our timeline by a week.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 10:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

If I may.

When considering a processing time, one needs to also factor in the applicant's country of origin.

For some countries the final checking process for police checks, qualification checks & assessments can take a whole lot longer than, say, for the UK.

I am not saying this is a factor for the OP . However for some applicants it is a factor.

Other people's timelines are therefore not helpful as it is a case by case basis

a CO is assigned shortly.

Patience is a virtue and I do hope you don't manifest with Immigration Finger Syndrome.
Old Mar 24th 2015, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
well that makes more sense

so what visa are you currently on, I assume it is still valid for at least 6mths ?given the time line on the immigration site. If not then you may need to extend it.

Although our visa was done in the London and the timeline was 3mths it did go to the full 3mths for the 1st approval and then a few more weeks for the second check and stamps in the passports but we did transfer over from London to Wellington after the second approval was got and they did put the wrong visa in initially so I guess you could cut our timeline by a week.
I'm currently on an essential skills work visa valid until Jan 2017. Still have a lot of time though, it would be better if it would be approved the soonest possible time so I can bring my family here.

Although the current processing time in CH is 4-6 months, i do hope my application won't take this long.

We'll just wait and see..