British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Children's passports and visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/childrens-passports-visas-514539/)

spid Feb 15th 2008 9:31 am

Children's passports and visas

Me again! I've starting slowly filling in the EOI (a bit ahead of time but thought it would be less stressful that way) and when typing in the kids passport info realised that they are only 5 year passports issued in late 2005. Now this means if we came out July 2009 ish as hoped for then they would all need renewing in late 2010. SO

a) is it easy to renew UK passports in NZ and how much does it cost?
b) what happens to the Visa - is it transferable - literally (peel off and stick in new passport) or will it need reissuing?

Thanks

Maz Feb 15th 2008 10:21 am

Re: Children's passports and visas

Originally Posted by spid (Post 5936080)
Me again! I've starting slowly filling in the EOI (a bit ahead of time but thought it would be less stressful that way) and when typing in the kids passport info realised that they are only 5 year passports issued in late 2005. Now this means if we came out July 2009 ish as hoped for then they would all need renewing in late 2010. SO

a) is it easy to renew UK passports in NZ and how much does it cost?
b) what happens to the Visa - is it transferable - literally (peel off and stick in new passport) or will it need reissuing?

Thanks

Passports

And I'm sorry I have no clue about the transference! I do know you have to get your new PP first, then apply for the transferrence. Of course it costs a fee... but what doesn't. ;)

happynz Feb 15th 2008 10:27 am

Originally Posted by spid (Post 5936080)

Thanks

If you did that you'd be breaking about several squillion immigration laws, so don't do it. You wouldn't be able to peel it off anyway. What you do is fill out an extremely simple form, put a NZ$100 in a plasticine envelope, put the money and form into a large white envelope and drop it into an NZIS dropbox and about a week or two later you'll have your passport back with a replacement visa.

Did the visa transfer thingie for my missus several weeks ago.

Maz Feb 15th 2008 10:29 am

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5936294)
If you did that you'd be breaking about several squillion immigration laws, so don't do it. You wouldn't be able to peel it off anyway. What you do is fill out an extremely simple form, put a NZ$100 in a plasticine envelope, put the money and form into a large white envelope and drop it into an NZIS dropbox and about a week or two later you'll have your passport back with a replacement visa.

Zing! :thumbup:

spid Feb 15th 2008 10:31 am

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5936294)

Far be it for me to break any laws! I'm far too good and nice for that (mmm). Thanks to you and to Maz.

happynz Feb 15th 2008 10:34 am

Originally Posted by spid (Post 5936320)
Far be it for me to break any laws! I'm far too good and nice for that (mmm). Thanks to you and to Maz.

Oh yeah, don't forget to put the passport in with the money and application. D'oh. Shoulda mentioned that, but I just got off work and I'm having a wee drinkie of Kentucky's finest and erm...yeah.:lol:

Maz Feb 15th 2008 10:36 am

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5936328)
Oh yeah, don't forget to put the passport in with the money and application. D'oh. Shoulda mentioned that, but I just got off work and I'm having a wee drinkie of Kentucky's finest and erm...yeah.:lol:

Good on ya! x Would have sent karma for that post if I could. :D :) ;)

spid Feb 15th 2008 10:37 am

Originally Posted by happynz (Post 5936328)

i'd join you but it's a little early here and the boy is still a little young to be in charge of a drunken mother. We recently won a lovely single scotts malt in a raffle - just waiting for the right opportunity to open it.

Maz Feb 15th 2008 10:38 am

Originally Posted by spid (Post 5936346)
i'd join you but it's a little early here and the boy is still a little young to be in charge of a drunken mother. We recently won a lovely single scotts malt in a raffle - just waiting for the right opportunity to open it.

Oh just send it over here. :D :D :D :D :rofl: :p ;)

spid Feb 15th 2008 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 5936348)
Oh just send it over here. :D :D :D :D :rofl: :p ;)

Nah, it might break and that would be a waste - I'l try to keep hold of it and you can help me with it in 18 months time (more time for it to mature even more)

Maz Feb 15th 2008 10:47 am

Originally Posted by spid (Post 5936358)
Nah, it might break and that would be a waste - I'l try to keep hold of it and you can help me with it in 18 months time (more time for it to mature even more)

You're on! :D :D :D It's a date, even if it is a horribly long time away. ;)