Children's Education under Work Visa.?

Old Apr 21st 2010, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

HunnyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Children's Education under Work Visa.?

hi
first time poster..

i finally visited my dads family over in new zealand in Nov last year. I fell in love with the country and started a relationship with a family friend. Although we have only been in a long distance relationship for 6months, we met up in thailand, then he came to N.Ireland to meet my family, and i intend to visit NZ again at the end of May.

I want to move over to new zealand as soon as possible after I graduate with a Law degree in July.

Will the quickest way be to apply for a Work visa-partnership, then within the year apply for the Residence Visa -partner..?

So getting to my main question... I have a 5year old daughter and dowas wondering if she will be able to access free education under a work visa, or even a holiday visa..??
Old Apr 26th 2010, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

mikisue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Children's Education under Work Visa.?

I hope you find things easier than I have, I just finished my degree in December and the general consensus seems to be that as I have no experience using it I cannot be a skilled migrant . I have also heard that they want considerable evidence of a long term relationship i.e. joint bank accounts, joint property ownership etc, and that is even if you are married and have been for a while!!!

AAGH! They don't make it easy, but then would we want them to????
Old Apr 26th 2010, 5:48 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Children's Education under Work Visa.?

Originally Posted by HunnyB
if she will be able to access free education under a work visa
Yes - but IIRC you will need to pay for a student visa for her.

Originally Posted by HunnyB
or even a holiday visa..??
No