Chest X-Ray required???

Old Dec 7th 2016, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

Samsalter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chest X-Ray required???

Hey everyone,

I am looking to move from South Wales, UK to Auckland, NZ in the new year and have provisionally booked in my medical.

The medical center has given me a full suite of options and has just confused me more than before.

I will be applying for the Work VISA (the one that is 30 months), hopefully through an accredited NZ company.

Do I require a Standard medical & chest X-ray only?

I believe I do not need a HIV/TB test as UK is not on the "HIV/TB location list".
but I require a chest X-ray because I plan to stay longer than 12 months???
Or do I not need one because the VISA is regarded as temporary???

Please help
Old Dec 7th 2016, 10:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Chest X-Ray required???

You need both the medical and the chest xray. That is because the temp visa is for longer than one year.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 4:16 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

you are aware that you have to go to an authorised medical centre and that there are only 8 in the entire UK. You cannot just go anywhere

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...9-16-a-883706/

Last edited by MrsFychan; Dec 8th 2016 at 4:16 am. Reason: link
Old Dec 8th 2016, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
you are aware that you have to go to an authorised medical centre and that there are only 8 in the entire UK. You cannot just go anywhere

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...9-16-a-883706/
Yes, fully aware, luckily there is one 20 minutes from my house
Old Dec 8th 2016, 5:32 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Samsalter
Yes, fully aware, luckily there is one 20 minutes from my house
Old Dec 9th 2016, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

hedgewizard is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucky bugger - we had to drive 3 hours to Plymouth and back and now they're asking for a retest!
Old Dec 9th 2016, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice

I'm getting mine done in Auckland for much cheaper than in the UK
Old Dec 13th 2016, 11:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wez130
I'm getting mine done in Auckland for much cheaper than in the UK
Wait, What?!?!?
Old Dec 13th 2016, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Samsalter
Wait, What?!?!?
yes cheaper in NZ as they accept medical from most GP and not have to be authorised as in other countries. - not sure of you have to pay to be authorised in the UK (bit like accredited companies) but that would account for why it costs so much.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

wez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nicewez130 is just really nice

It's costing my $270 for the full medical Inc. Xray, blood tests, urine tests and physical examination. My appointment is on 20th Jan and they are accredited, I checked.
Old Dec 14th 2016, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wez130
It's costing my $270 for the full medical Inc. Xray, blood tests, urine tests and physical examination. My appointment is on 20th Jan and they are accredited, I checked.
Ahh right, so that would mean you are already in NZ.
So for me to do this, I would need to be on holiday in NZ first??

Its not really an option for me
1. need medical
2. to get visa
3. then go to NZ

that sequence cant be changed right?
Old Dec 14th 2016, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Yea, i'm going to NZ on holiday in 3 weeks just over, so i thought i'd take advantage of better prices, this obviously isn't an ideal solution for everyone.
Old Dec 26th 2016, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Shirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to all

It says on the New Zealand website that you only need a chest x-ray if you live in a country with a high incidence of TB. So what is accurate and not?
Old Dec 26th 2016, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Shirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to all

Ignore that. I didn't read the website correctly.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 8:12 am
Just Joined

Guys,
I am sitting waiting for my medical.
I have been told that immigration nz has asked for all tests available. (Apparently)
So HIV, tb, the lot.

I have just paid £500 for a medical, when I was expecting £250 :-(

Is this right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.