cheque cashed.........?

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default cheque cashed.........?

Immigration in NZ cashed our cheque today for the $1400 ITA fee..........

We were under the impression that they only took the money once they were happy with the application. We know they've been working on our ITA because they requested a few extra bits (medical paperwork loose ends) about a week ago.

Anyone able to confirm or knock back our impression of the process........

Having paid is that it or are there further fees to come?
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cheque cashed.........?

I'd like to know this too as our's went in in October and we've heard nothing since. I keep checking online (daily lol) for an update but still says 'Pending' ... how frustrating I thought they took the money anyway - but any experience would be lovely thankyou
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:14 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by niseysOH

Having paid is that it or are there further fees to come?
If your application is successful, most likely it will be, you will be asked to pay a migrant levy. After payment of the migrant levy they will put the resident visas and permits in your passports. The migrant levies cost us NZ$300 each, so NZ$900 in total. At that time last year they capped the levy to be no more than NZ$1200 in total for a family.

I hope that helps.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all

I can only speak for what happened to us when applying via the UK.... but they cash your cheque as soon as they get it (even if they don't work on your paperwork for weeks).

Happy NZ is right. The migrant levy fee is the final payment and is only taken if the application is successful.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 4:00 pm
ned
BE Enthusiast

ned is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nicened is just really nice

I've given up trying to predict or second guess what and when things will happen.
I tried to make plans and it all went tits up.
It will be done when it is done
Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Izzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to allIzzy and Ian is a name known to all

Ned you are absolutely right.

I think this is the only attitude to have for NZIS and it's processes.

Keep smiling. After all patience is a virtue!