Changing work visa to PR, medicals query

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changing work visa to PR, medicals query

So I'm in the process of applying for my PR, I already have a 3 year work visa. Just the medicals to go then my ITA is all ready to be returned but Im just wondering about an issue I had with my original medical for my work visa.
I had to supply some extra information regarding an operation I had 13 years ago but all was resolved by a simple letter from my consultant at the time.

Now I'm applying for PR I'm guessing the same issue will come up again in this medical. Does anyone know if they will check the info from the first time and get the consultants letter from that or will I have to try and contact him again and get him to resend it this time round?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 6:09 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changing work visa to PR, medicals query

Unfortunately, as I understand it the different types of visa applications are now processed at different centralised branches (I think PR applications are now done at Christchurch) and these branches don't seem to talk to each other, so I'd say there's a good chance you'll be asked to provide the evidence again.

If you ring the national INZ phone line you could ask them to check for you. Make sure you have either your INZ client number (should be on your work visa label) or your passport number handy, and you'll also need to have something to occupy yourself with whilst you wait for your call to reach the top of the queue (took me over half an hour once!).

All the vvarious ways of contacting INZ are listed on their webpage: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ion/contactus/
Old Jun 5th 2011, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing work visa to PR, medicals query

Originally Posted by lisamct View Post
So I'm in the process of applying for my PR, I already have a 3 year work visa. Just the medicals to go then my ITA is all ready to be returned but Im just wondering about an issue I had with my original medical for my work visa.
I had to supply some extra information regarding an operation I had 13 years ago but all was resolved by a simple letter from my consultant at the time.

Now I'm applying for PR I'm guessing the same issue will come up again in this medical. Does anyone know if they will check the info from the first time and get the consultants letter from that or will I have to try and contact him again and get him to resend it this time round?

Sorry cant help with the medical stuff but a friend here in Rotorua is currently going through PR and its all being done via the Hamilton branch.