British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Changes to skills shortage list (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/changes-skills-shortage-list-547921/)

getmethere Jul 9th 2008 1:01 pm

Changes to skills shortage list

Hi Everyone

I've just noticed that the long term skills shortage list has been amended and my occupation has been taken off.

Does anyone know what implications this has for me if I've already been selected at the EOI stage using bonus points for this occupation (but have not been given ITA yet).

Bit worried I will now not be offered an ITA.

Thanks

Yummy_Mummy Jul 9th 2008 7:02 pm

Re: Changes to skills shortage list

Really?? I guess thats why their site has been down so much then!

What occupation are you in? and what has been removed?

Not sure how that will work, if they will look at the date you applied and if the changes they made were after that, surely they should grant you points based on the initial application....but maybe not!!! :frown:

Hmm thats an odd one.. maybe someone on here will know!!

Anyone???

gina and danny Jul 9th 2008 7:51 pm

i looked on nzis and it says the list is from 2007 november. i cant see what has been changed, sorry ive been no help but as yummy says someone in the know will probably be along shortly.

Yummy_Mummy Jul 9th 2008 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by gina and danny (Post 6553709)
i looked on nzis and it says the list is from 2007 november. i cant see what has been changed, sorry ive been no help but as yummy says someone in the know will probably be along shortly.

Yey site is back up... and i dont see any changes either... ;)

Was worried for a bit there haha .. But its all Good! :thumbsup:

BEVS Jul 10th 2008 1:17 am

Per NZIS news

Wednesday, 9 July 2008
The Immediate Skill Shortage List and the Long Term Skill Shortage List have been amended. The changes will take effect on 28 July 2008.
Any current applications in the pipeline should not be effected as the changes will not become active until the end of this month.

getmethere Jul 10th 2008 10:26 am

Hi Everyone

I'm sorry for making everyone panic - I wasn't very clear in my inital post - the skills lists are changing on 28th July.

The reason for my concern is because my occupation isn't on the list anymore after 28th July and I was wondering if this would affect me because technically an EOI isn't an application (ie I haven't lodged anything with NZIS yet - just my EOI) so hope it won't affect it.

Thanks for your replies

BEVS Jul 10th 2008 11:26 am

Your EOI was selected from the pool on the 2nd of July, so it will be currently undergoing further verification checks.This should be under the current rules governing the NZIS operations manual.