Changes to job offer on EOI

Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changes to job offer on EOI

I'm hoping someone can answer this for me, I've asked in a few other places and had different answers each time!

I'm a midwife and submitting my EOI in the near future (once my NZ Midwifery Registration comes through) I'm aiming to get a job offer prior to submitting my EOI and at present there's a lot of midwifery jobs around so hopefully that wont be too much of a problem. Thing is, we're not 100% sure where we want to go yet, most probably Hawkes Bay but we have other options too.

So, if I get a job offer from say, Hawkes Bay, use that to get points on my EOI and go on to get a PR visa do I need to take up that job offer or could I continue to 'shop around' after my EOI/ITA is submitted?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all
Default Re: Changes to job offer on EOI

I can only speak for myself, I submitted the EOI with the bonus points for job offer etc.
In the ITA I included the letter offering me the job with the Dept of Corrections, I was granted a PR based on that job offer.

I had a section 18a attached to the visa requiring me to stay with the employer for at least 3 months, I was then required to submit a letter to NZIS from my HR officer confirming the period I had been employed for indicating I had met the section 18a requirements.
I was then reissued a full PR visa and permit and given indeifinate leave to live and work in NZ.

Unless the NZIS operations as changed in the last 4 years I am sure that the ITA is assessed, any PR visa and permit is issued under the SMC because of the job offert an applicant accepts.

If an applicant then has another job offer from a different employer during the EOI/ITA stage, then the applicant's circumstances have changed and NZIS would need to be informed.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 9:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by lisamct

So, if I get a job offer from say, Hawkes Bay, use that to get points on my EOI and go on to get a PR visa do I need to take up that job offer or could I continue to 'shop around' after my EOI/ITA is submitted?
This simple answer is YES. If you submit an EOI with that job offer and go on to receive an ITA, with that job offer, and then NZIS give you a PR visa to go to New Zealand ,with that job offer, then you must remain in that job for three months . There will be a condition attached to your PR visa about this.
After the 3 month period you would be free to take up any other position you chose.

NZIS check out job offers to ensure they are bone-fide and fulfill the criteria for the skilled migrant category.

You could , of course, decide to change your job offer during your NZIS application process. This would complicate the application for NZIS and they would need to spend time checking out the new job offer.
If you did change your job offer during your application then you must inform NZIS about this as the PR visa would reflect the employer your job offer was with.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. Thats reinforced what I thought but had had a few replies on other forums saying different things so its good to get it all straight.

We've pretty much decided on Hawkes Bay now anyway so now all I need is my job offer (sounds so easy when you say it like that!)
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE

Gisborne hospital is looking for midwives, you can find the jobs on www.zest4life.co.nz. Good luck with your adventure